Author Topic: need help  (Read 21984 times)

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 12:31:42 am »
Hi Kathleen, the reason I asked where in Melbourne you were was because in a few months I want to buy a thermomix (I'm aiming for June, but possibly July) and because I have gained so much knowledge from this forum (most recently the decision NOT to buy one of the Belinni machines, which had I not seen the comments and reviews from people on here, I probably would have purchased when I saw it in the Target catalog, so thank you everyone!) I want purchase one from a forum member, and I'd love to help out a 'newby' because I know how hard starting anything can be. I know it doesn't help you now, but something to look forward to may help you stay motivated.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help about now, but I think the letterbox drop is a great idea.

And don't worry about the people who are negative, your friends should support you whatever decision you make. If we all stopped when things got too hard, we wouldn't have anything.

I just need to comment on this. Last night I read in the Target catalogue an apology about the fact that the Belinni had been sent out with a recipe book in which they had still left the words Thermomix and TMX in the recipes... ouch. Big ouch. They then had to go as far as to say that the recipes are not suitable for the Belinni!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 04:09:06 am »
MJ I'm sure with that attitude your 3ed sale will come through. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 01:58:44 pm »
Thanks Cookie.

Sometimes, though, my honesty doesn't pay.

I need to shut up.

I tell people that the icing sugar is pure icing sugar and is gritty. I tell them that the ground wheat is just that, not quite flour yet. Blah, blah. All those things I discovered when I first got my Thermomix. I just can't help it! Unfortunately, I feel that's what people focus on, the negatives, rather than the positives. In future, I'm not saying anything, I'll just listen to the Oohs and Aahs.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CraftyMum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »
Tell them about the perfect lemon butter :) it's awesome -
never making that in a saucepan again! 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 02:21:10 pm »
MJ, what's wrong with being totally honest - they are going to find out for themselves once they own the machine and then they'll complain that their consultant never told them the icing sugar was going to be gritty.  Mine certainly never did  ;)  Give me honesty any day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 02:39:46 pm »
MJ,  I share the info that Chookie gave us after an advanced class she attended - it's on the forum here somewhere - about milling it up again to get it finer.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 11:07:32 pm »
Cecilia - I printed that off too.  The tip from Tenina said . .

"To make icing sugar, grind/cool/grind/cool - Do this 10 times so that it is not gritty.  This is how commercial icing sugar is made."

Eventually found the link - http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=9284.0
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:12:21 pm by goldfish »

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »
MJ perhaps you need to make a list of all the positives and use that. Forget the negatives. All things in life have negatives and it is important to focus on the positives.

Perhaps comply a list of the favourite things you make  and hand that out at demos. It gives the attendees a great perception of the abilities of the machine.

You could even categorise it into Starters, Main Meals, Snacks and Desserts. I found that the demo was good but it is time limited and there is so much more that can be done with the machine that wasn't shown or discussed.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline kathleenm

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 01:21:44 am »
I tell people that the icing sugar is pure icing sugar and is gritty. I tell them that the ground wheat is just that, not quite flour yet. Blah, blah. All those things I discovered when I first got my Thermomix. I just can't help it! Unfortunately, I feel that's what people focus on, the negatives, rather than the positives. In future, I'm not saying anything, I'll just listen to the Oohs and Aahs.

i do that too and i run over time because of it.  :P
any excisting customer can buy a 2.5L server for $37.50 at a demo only otherwise thier $75.
its hard not to tell people everything about it but we must learn to stop ourselfs and keep it to the 2 hrs. :P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:45:09 am by judydawn »