Author Topic: Zucchini Brownies  (Read 47294 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Zucchini Brownies
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 03:56:14 am »
Made these tonight. 

Thanks for trying them and giving a review Cathy.  Mine had little specks of green throughout, so blitzing for longer is a good idea (for concealment purposes  ;D).  I'm glad they were still yummy without the choc chips - I might try leaving them out next time too.  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:15 am »
i'll try these tonight.
any way to get the kids to eat more veges.
now must find the other recipies with hidden stuff in them.

thanks,
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 09:36:53 pm »
I made these again a few days ago.  I blended my zuchini, instead of grating it, so it is complete mush and completely undetectable.  Delicious.  Sometimes the girls have this for breakfast as a treat.  A bit of chocolate like nutella on toast, lots of vegies, and some yoghurt.

Chelsea, can you find some more deceptive delights for us?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:13 am »
I'll see what I can find.  8)

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 09:02:00 am »
I really blitzed the zucchini but I didn't have any cocoa so used carob... lol  I am not a big fan of the carob taste (although I did use it in the last batch of chocolate nut spread and thought it was nice).  I don't like it in this but the kids are wolfing... also I think I had my oven on too hot (or probably just because it's so bloody hot anyway!) as the outsides cooked and started burning so I took it out...  therefore the inside is still a bit wettish but it still tastes okay in that respect.  Not sure if the inside not cooking has to do with the extra combining I had to do... the carob powder for some reason had formed hard lumps and the tmx didn't get rid of them (as when you add cocoa you're using reverse) so I actually had to fish them out and break it up with my fingers lmao!

haha DD1 just asked me for some more "chocolate and cream please mummy!!!" (she caught me while I was making it and started freaking out about the yoghurt liquid mix saying it was "yucky" so I told her it was cream lmao!)  I'm such a naughty mummy!

Will try again with either carob or real chocolate lol

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 09:29:04 am »
Glad the kids like it, I do too.  Mine's never burned, so not sure what happened there.  And certainly never had lumps so that must be the carob.  The middle is a bit wettish, but I think that's the way its supposed to be.  It's definitely cooked.  When I slice it, the middle spreads a tiny bit.  Delicious!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 09:49:01 am »
I think it's because I kept skewering it and having it come up wet but I'd say you're right in that it's supposed to be a bit wet in the middle lol  I will remember that for next time!

Great recipe to sneak vegies into the littlies!

Offline sabimby

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 11:19:06 am »
I made this recipe today and baked it in a square tin, around 9 inches. I cooked it on 180 for the 40 mins but it looked very wobbly so cooked it for another 10 or so mins, knife came out wet, cooked another 15 mins and still wet. The outside didn't burn though. Just wondering if the recipe needs to be edited to say that it should be moist and remove the part saying the skewer should come out clean??? Here I was thinking I'd cooked a dud (but a yummy dud!) however it sounds like others have had the same thing happen.

Also, how high should the end result be? Mine was about 2cm...

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 12:42:59 pm »
Thanks for the reviews guys.  I guess the thickness of the end result would vary as to the size of the tin used.  If you are using a smaller tin then the brownie would be thicker, but may need to cook for longer.  I've only cooked these once (when I converted the recipe from the website), but am happy to remove the skewer part and add the moist bit in.  :)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 09:47:31 pm »
Chelsea, these continue to be a family favourite.  I think I've cooked 3-4 batches now.  I've got some in the freezer, so when I get them out I'll try and report back whether they defrost well.

I cook mine until they "look" cooked on top, and spring back to touch.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 07:14:31 am »
These freeze and defrost really, well.  Don't forget they have yoghurt in them, so do need to be kept in the fridge.

Just saw a recipe for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cupcakes so might try these as cupcakes/muffins next time.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Chip-Zucchini-Cupcakes-355032

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 08:01:59 am »
Must be a big freezer  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 08:08:44 am »
No, just an ordinary chest freezer that is always chockers.  I would LOOOVE and upright drawer freezer so I can sort things out better.  But don't like spending my hard earned money.

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 04:05:17 am »
Hehehe we had a 3 drawer freezer and swapped it for a chest freezer as the drawer ones aren't big enough for some items that need to be flat and then they take up most of the drawer space.

I had these with carob first and then with cocoa and liked carob version better surprisingly as I don't like carob lol

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 03:21:09 pm »
Tonight I made Wholemeal Blender Batter Zucchini Brownies.

Start with whole grain and yoghurt.  Blend 1 minute speed 9, scrape down, blend another minute speed 9.  Set aside in a warm place for 12-24 hours to soak.

Place back in bowl, add oil and egg, blend speed 9 30 seconds.  Add zuchini, blend speed 9 about 1 minute.  It should create a real vortex, and blend very smooth.  Add remaining ingredients and proceed as usual.

Result is very, very smooth and extra healthy by being wholegrain and soaked.  I guess it would work for any whole grain - I used wheat.  Delicious!