Author Topic: those apparently were not ice cubes getting crushed!  (Read 16590 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: those apparently were not ice cubes getting crushed!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 02:07:14 pm »
I would be so angry and worried all at once, even sick in the stomach...sounds like its ok though...and thats a great attitude to have ie everyone makes mistakes..my parents were like that and it often surprised me and the act itself and guilt was often punishment enough  :) dont know if i would be letting him near the thermomix for a while though lol!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Ilana

• View Profile
    • Ganache Chocolate
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 04:47:45 pm »
will do. I took pics but you cannot see it well. I will try onions. ANy other trial ideas?
mom to 10 kids! (okay... one is a son in law, one is a dog, 4 are cats)

Offline Ilana

• View Profile
    • Ganache Chocolate
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 05:45:23 pm »
Well he felt so awful and I know I could have done it-spoon was hidden inside the milk (greedy him-a monster sized cup...). I am going to enroll for a 3 hour workshop making various things with the TMX  next wed. and so I will take the blade with me for the importer to look at. I will probably get a new blade to feel "whole" (!) anyhow and put it down as part of the cost of being alive and human! Will be more than happy to share what we make next week. It was a major gift for my bday from hubby. I always get everyone else nice things and this time I got a super duper gift.
I do feel blessed!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »
How is the bowl and lid. My customer who did the same had a very damaged bowl and lid and ended up just getting a whole new jug.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Ilana

• View Profile
    • Ganache Chocolate
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 09:49:35 pm »
the lid looks the same, the bowl has a few inside scratches. I tried making a drink with sugar, frozen fruit and water. The fruit was a kind of too biggish frozen lump (tried sawing and bashing to no avail...). I had some powdered sugar and mushed fruit (not a lot but some) on the counter at the back of the TMX when I cleaned up I noticed this. Doctor TMX's out there-is this to be expected? Perhaps the balance of the blade is off? Should the fruit get totally pureed? Thanks.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 01:26:58 am »
How big was the lump? Generaly the guide is that anything frozen should be the size of an  ice cube. It is normal for sugar dust to fly out and sometimes you do get splashes from the hole in the lid. I would speak to your consultant or head office. Are you in Australia? Just to get it all checked out.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 02:35:40 am »
What a great gift for you Ilana, Sounds like you deserved to be spoilt from all the years of you spoiling others. I'm sure everything will be fine with your TM, either as it is or with a new blade. I think the cooking class is a great idea as it will help you get your confidence back on using the TM. If I had done the same think I would be reluctant to use it as well. Hope all goes well and you are cooking up a storm soon.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 06:27:44 am »
Oh how devastating for you. I know just how you must have felt. My DD dropped my bowl and it was never the same again. It sounds as though your blades may be ok.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 02:14:19 pm »
Good luck with it Ilana. I do know how you and your DS must have felt. A visiting family member put my TMX together two days after I bought it and unfortunately didn't fit the blade properly. I came along later to make a juice for the kids, and I ended up with shards of the plastic jug base everwhere and a damaged rubber coupling cover. I was devastated and didn't feel I could show it because my visitor felt so bad already. HO was fantastic though in their support. Fortunately, it ended up just needing a new coupling cover and jug base - $40 and five days later I was cooking again. But I'm still paranoid about checking the blade is in properly!
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline Ilana

• View Profile
    • Ganache Chocolate
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 06:42:06 pm »
Everyone is so nice and supportive-wow! I cannot say how much I appreciate it. I am also glad that others have had TMX tragedies!  I will do the course and get a new blade tust to feel back to base1! One day OI will get a new bowl for chocolate only! Unfortunately I am not in AUstralia. SOunds really friendly there! :-*

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 07:00:37 pm »
Everyone is so nice and supportive-wow! I cannot say how much I appreciate it. I am also glad that others have had TMX tragedies!  I will do the course and get a new blade tust to feel back to base1! One day OI will get a new bowl for chocolate only! Unfortunately I am not in AUstralia. SOunds really friendly there! :-*

It is Ilana and my french DH loves it there and love that people chat to you who dont know you at all like old friends.  Oz is one of the friendliest places in the world and I miss that in a big way (snif)!! (bit biased though considering im australian born!)  Where abouts are you then Ilana?

Offline Ilana

• View Profile
    • Ganache Chocolate
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 08:06:41 pm »
Firstly- the "glad other people had TMX tragedies" sounded awful!! What I meant was "I am glad that we are not the only "dummies" (yea yea, comfort in numbers...) So sorry if that sounded mean and nasty! I am from Ashkelon, Israel (not the safest place to be, I know, but ...). Australia sounds like heaven on earth.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 08:29:43 pm »
i read it exactly the way you meant it ilana so not to worry...still its home right ilana  :) :) haha love your little message re 10 kids.. :)  To some Ilana Australia is just that but home is always home no matter where you come from!

Offline Ilana

• View Profile
    • Ganache Chocolate
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 08:36:32 pm »
I am glad you understood my meaning about TMX problems. Yes. you are right about home, but sometimes the heart aches.  France seems incredible but you miss home. See the TMX brings the world closer together! Cooking and food will always do it! ;) I guess I should stick to TMX issues-sorry.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 08:41:46 pm »
No need to apologise..we all chat and get to know little things about each other...its not 100 percent thermomix just 98 percent haha so again not to worry..yes France is amazing and home but a big part of me will always miss oz....having two homes on opposite sides of the world is both great and painful but thats life...certainly right ilana...food, cooking and thx brings the world closer together..its all good and this forum is a wonderful place to be part of  :)