Author Topic: Review: Lemon Chess Pie - Whats for Dessert p19  (Read 2770 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Review: Lemon Chess Pie - Whats for Dessert p19
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:07:01 am »
Made this tonight to take for dinner at a neighbours house.  I was worried when I made the filling because it looked lumpy and like it had curdled or separated.  Maybe my butter wasn't soft enough to mix in thoroughly  ???  I cooked it an extra 10 minutes because it didnt seem set enough at first, then let it cool in the oven as recommended.  I used a 24cm pie dish, which was the right size.

It turned out to be a light, delicious lemon tart and was very popular with everyone at dinner.  Most people had seconds.

I served it with the Berry Lime Coulis (FFS), which was very yummy, but I think the coulis overpowered the flavour of the tart.  I think next time I would serve it with just a few fresh berries and vanilla icecream.

5/5 will definitely make again.

Linked - JD
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:49:35 am by judydawn »
Karen in Adelaide

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Review: Lemon Chess Pie - Whats for Dessert p19
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:35 pm »
Thanks Karen. I must have another look at this recipe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Review: Lemon Chess Pie - Whats for Dessert p19
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:05:03 am »
I made this today for dessert tonight. Karen, my mixture looked just as you described and I was worried too. The pie turned out great. Not too lemony. Left it in the oven to cool and was still warm when we ate it. I didn't have a large pie dish and used my pottery flan dish which I think resulted in the soggy bottom. Next time will use my 23cm quiche tin instead. Really quick dessert to make.