Author Topic: I've inherited a dinosaur!  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Toisy

• View Profile
I've inherited a dinosaur!
« on: August 12, 2015, 10:44:53 pm »
My mum has just given me her Thermomix 3300 but I have no recipes for this model - can anyone help me? I plan to buy my own Thermomix some time in the near-ish future, but meanwhile I'm keen to fire up this faithful heirloom from the 80s and see if the two of us can become friends. Any idea where or how I can get hold of recipes for this ancient model? I'm too new to the Thermomix family to cunningly adapt recipes from the latest model. Thanks!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I've inherited a dinosaur!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 01:13:14 am »
Congratulations on the inheritance, dinosaurs are very valuable. I'm sorry I really can't help you as I didn't even know that thermomix even existed until I bought my 31.
However I would give head office a call and see if they can help. Their toll free number is 1800 004 838.
Let us know how you get on.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 11:27:40 pm »
I think the main thing will be to know the capacity of your jug and how it compares to the tm31 and tm5 before using any of the newer recipes. It's so great to hear of these older machines still going strong! Enjoy your heirloom!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline KristySpiegl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 01:11:44 pm »
That's just awesome. I wonder if there are any consultants still active who sold these. Head Office would be my start point too. Good luck

Offline Nancy Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 11:55:33 pm »
Hi,  I bought my Thermomix 3300 in December 1994 when I was living in Germany.  It had been in storage awhile and I have finally brought it back to the US.  I bought a transformer since it runs on 220.  I tried it out today and it's still working.  I have a cookbook for it, but the recipes are in German.  Are you looking for anything in particular, I could translate a recipe for you.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 12:07:21 am »
Hi Nancy, welcome to the forum and thank you for offerering to help Toisy out with some recipes.  Unfortunately she/he hasn't logged into the forum since that posting was made.  Hopefully Toisy will pop on one day to see of there are any replies.  I'm so glad you have yours working again.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:49:37 am »
Hi Nancy. Isn't that great that the machine still works well?

Are you able to post a photo of it?  I think lots of us would be interested.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 09:54:57 am »
Welcome to the forum Nancy. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.