Author Topic: Choc fudgy wudgy cookies  (Read 46590 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Choc fudgy wudgy cookies
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 01:02:32 am »
Yeah they do spread and flatten out. I always make the mistake of not leaving enough room so end up with some joined together.

Chocolate fudgy wudgy slice - nice !!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 01:37:57 am »
I was actually thinking I'd prefer it as a slice. Nice, thick, fudgy, wudgy slices, dusted with icing sugar, served warm with icecream.... Where's the drooling icon?
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 08:34:26 am »
10/10   We did 3 styles: balls of mixture unflattened, balls of mixture slightly flattened with a fork, and balls of mixture flattened down more with a fork. The best looking biscuits were those that were flattened down a little bit more with a fork before going in the oven - and looked very much like a yummy biscuit that you would see in a cafe, whereas the others were smaller and had rounded tummies (like me).
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 11:53:45 am »
There is a recipe in this months delicious magazine that I think wil be as delicious as these cookies - its a chocolate hazelnut slice and looks deliciously fudgy
im going to try converting it this weekend, unless someon does it before me!

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 02:03:40 pm »
That sounds yummy baf65! Hmmmmm ..... having trouble motivating myself for this 21 day program....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline mama_bel

• View Profile
    • Home Cooked
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 02:24:39 pm »
I altered the recipe a little to suit our preferences and it was YUMMO.  Everyone agreed of course!  Here's our version:

125g butter, chopped
2 tsp vanilla extract (homemade - vanilla beans in brandy)
275g rapadura sugar
1 egg
185g flour (I used spelt today)
1.5 tsp bicarb soda
40g organic cocoa powder
90g organic sultanas
100g organic cashews, raw
180g dark chocolate (couveture - bulk bought with rapadura, cocoa, cocoa butter and lecithin as only ingredients)

Bel
Growing, cooking, learning, working at home...
So why am I always in the car?

http://belcooks.blogspot.com/

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 08:07:02 am »
I altered the recipe a little to suit our preferences and it was YUMMO.  Everyone agreed of course!

They sound lovely.  Do you find it difficult to source your ingredients Bel?
Chelsea  :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 09:01:41 am »
i've only found one place in canberra that stocks rapadura sugar and even then they only had a couple of packs and haven't had it in stock in weeks!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:22 am »
I can't find anyone in Tassie that stocks it either.  I'm going to have to buy off the net.  It's so time consuming though searching all of the websites and comparing prices.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 11:11:00 am »
Actually that last post (re. rapadura sugar in Tassie) isn't right.  I just checked my email and our grain grocer store replied and said they do sell Organic Rapadura - $6.95 for 375g.  That would make these fudgy wudgy biscuits very expensive to make.  The lady said they also stock stevia powder or liquid and agave syrup, so I might have to look into these a bit more.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 11:50:14 pm »
i was told just after posting that that the organic shop at the markets has it loose to buy so i will definitely look at getting it there :) i would love to buy it in bulk but unfortunatley we cna't afford it atm
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 01:34:02 pm »
Rapadura is just so expensive.  I have tried everyone on the net (including the lead that Jo gave me), but still can't get it for under $10 per kilo (including postage to Tas).  I think I will have to limit myself to 500g a week and see how much baking I can do with that.

Offline mama_bel

• View Profile
    • Home Cooked
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 03:25:24 pm »
I got it most recently through an organic co-op.  It was well under $10/kg, delivered!  Eeeek!  Edited to add, I just found the invoice and with freight and co-op fee it was about $5.85/kg.  I use less rapadura in most recipes than raw sugar, and they're fine.  In fact those cookies were so, so sweet and could do with much less rapadura next time.

No, I don't find it hard to source my ingredients.  I use a combination of local co-op buying (Demeter, United Organics, etc), http://www.sproutonline.net.au/ (North Queensland supplier who also do bulk if requested), the health shop, http://trumps.com.au (Brisbane), etc.  I bought my vanilla beans online in bulk too, I think they worked out at 65c each or so?

When I find something, I buy heaps, so that when it isn't available for awhile I have a bit of a stockpile here at home. :)  I freeze most grains, nuts, dried fruits, etc.  I mostly do this 'cos I hate shopping, to be honest! :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:31:00 pm by mama_bel »
Bel
Growing, cooking, learning, working at home...
So why am I always in the car?

http://belcooks.blogspot.com/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 01:10:55 am »
i am not alternate enough to hear about co-ops :( i tried to set one up a few years ago but couldn't get any interest. i would love to be in one or more!
My Cooking Blog

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 12:25:16 pm »
Thanks Bel.  I will check out your suppliers.  I actually bought some rapadura today from our only Northern Tassie stockist for $6.95 (only 375g though)  :o :o :o.  So expensive I know, but I still haven't tracked down any online at a reasonable price!!!   :)