Author Topic: Old Italian jam recipe. Mostarda  (Read 4089 times)

Offline michaelyoni64

• View Profile
Old Italian jam recipe. Mostarda
« on: April 20, 2019, 02:45:10 pm »
Hi all. Back in my very early childhood days my grandmother used to get a couple of kg of very ripe black grapes and cook them down.  (This is all from memory)...  she would stand at the stove and stir for hours until it was thick and black.  She would then pass it through a mesh to remove the seeds (later used what was a moulie??).

It would have various spices and ?? orange zest.

I later remember my mother saying that this jam would last years in the jars because it was so concentrated.

Once you tasted this concentrated jam it would stay with you for a long time.

I'm hoping someone out there would have this old traditional recipe.... and be able to use the Tm to do the most of the cooking.

My family are from Abruzzo in Italy.   (,if only I got those recipes written down).

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Offline michaelyoni64

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 02:45:28 pm »
Hi all. Back in my very early childhood days my grandmother used to get a couple of kg of very ripe black grapes and cook them down.  (This is all from memory)...  she would stand at the stove and stir for hours until it was thick and black.  She would then pass it through a mesh to remove the seeds (later used what was a moulie??).

I later remember my mother saying that this jam would last years in the jars because it was so concentrated.

I'm hoping someone out there would have this old traditional recipe.... and be able to use the Tm to do the most of the cooking.

My family are from Abruzzo in Italy.   (,if only I got those recipes written down).

Offline michaelyoni64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 02:45:43 pm »

Offline michaelyoni64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 02:46:01 pm »

Offline michaelyoni64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 02:46:12 pm »