Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038982 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1500 on: July 31, 2012, 12:43:12 pm »
Lol, child care centre having a child free day!  :D

You are so lucky having your grandchildren close by, wish mine was in the same town, but at least he's not interstate, plus it gets us out of town for a bit of a break.  I always feel sad though when we leave, can't help it, but I'm careful not to show it.
Enjoy your time on Monday.  :)

jakodai

« Reply #1501 on: July 31, 2012, 01:04:55 pm »
Ouch Amy, looks painful. If the pain is really bad and you're really not coping in between panadol, you can also take nurofen in between. When I had DS, I had an emergency ceasarian, and ended up with a wound infection, and the midwives that dressed the wound every day said to do that. I was having panadol, then 3 hours later nurofen, then 3 hours later panadol. They told me that it's easier to stay on top of the pain as opposed to stopping the pain. They told me the same thing as Gert about wound's healing, my wound was kept open for a few weeks because the infection was quite deep. They would dress it and clean it each day to ensure that the 'bottom' of the wound healed first. It didn't make sense at first, but once they explained that if the wound 'sealed' the infection would come back. I believe it was a staph infection which was picked up in recovery (my mum was told that DS couldn't come into recovery with me due to staph) and although I had plenty of tests to find out about the bacteria, I was never actually TOLD what the bacteria was. But, I digress - look after yourself and make sure it stays CLEAN - the last thing you need is bacteria getting into it and getting an infection. And something that I would because I'm incredibly paranoid of infections since my little incident, and DS always getting infections is watch my temperature. If that starts going up, especially if you're taking paracetamol and/or ibuprofen, it's a fair indicator that there's an infection brewing. But as I said, I'm paranoid.

JD, your grandson is absolutely adorable! They're so angelic when they're sleeping... ;-) Ds is into dinosaurs at the moment, too. Nothing too major, but he has some toys from 'Dinosaur Train' and he was asking tonight where his T-Rex is...

Ummm... Why is childcare having a child free day? I hope they're not charging for it! DS' daycare centre charges for public holidays if he would normally attend on that day. I don't like it, but I understand it - they still have costs. But if they just decide that cihldren can't attend on a specific day, there should be no costs...

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 31, 2012, 01:11:55 pm »
Thanks for the tips Amanda :)
I think I will have to get up every few hours tonight and knock back a few panadol or nurofen. They were dreadfully sore in bed last night and I would like to get a better sleep tonight ;)

jakodai

« Reply #1503 on: July 31, 2012, 01:13:49 pm »
I've always found nurofen to be more useful, because it's an anti-inflammatory. That might help, too. Of course, I'm only going on what I picked up when I was recovering from my cesarian...

• View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 31, 2012, 01:18:48 pm »
Is inflammation the same as swelling? Because I've certainly got a lot of swelling! :-))

Lol surely a cesarian can't be that different from falling on a treadmill... ;D

jakodai

« Reply #1505 on: July 31, 2012, 01:21:47 pm »
I think so, but as I said, I'm no expert. It could also be mind-over-matter...

I had lot's of swelling, and an open wound. I think my wound may been a little deeper, and possibly bigger, given that a baby had to come through it, but still - a wound is a wound. ;-)

Mine was better though, because I got to hold a baby at the end of it. Well, after I got out of recovery. And only intermittently until I was out of high-dependency... :-S  lol

• View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 31, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »
I'm sure Gert will tell me if I'm wrong ;D

Hehehe, sorry Amanda, I was joking before.... I'm sure your wound was a lot worse than mine! I saw a cesarian on TV once and it looked pretty horrific :o But, like you say, you have a gorgeous boy as a result of your wound. And I'm sure you treasure him even more after going through so much with him :-*

I can't complain too much though. I got a big bear hug from my personal trainer when he grabbed me to pull me off the treadmill ;)

jakodai

« Reply #1507 on: July 31, 2012, 01:40:16 pm »
I know Amy, I was teasing. It's kind of hard when you're only dealing in text - you don't get a sense of tone.

Yes & no. Sometimes when I think of everything that happened, I actually panic and get quite anxious. I don't think I could go through it again - I think if I had another baby I would schedule for a caesarian. I went through 20 hours of labour, and then because the cord was wrapped around DS' neck (again, an assumption on what was said and what I've found out since, because nothing has ever been disclosed to me - but he was facing sideways and when they tried to turn him his heart rate crashed) and I also had preeclampsia, I was rushed off for a caesarian. I blacked out when they tried to turn him and decided I needed a cesarian and came to to find the room full of people, and the obstetrician calling a code-something, and then I got pushed out of the room. Very scary and definitely not something I could go through again. I know people have gone through worse, but I had such a perfect pregnancy with absolutely no complications what so ever, everything that happened was just so unexpected.

Bear hugs from personal trainers would be nice. They're strong...

• View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 31, 2012, 01:53:14 pm »
I know Amy, I was teasing. It's kind of hard when you're only dealing in text - you don't get a sense of tone.

Thats why I always put smileys ;D Because I'm always smiling!

OMG that sounds incredibly scary Amanda, I certainly didn't smiling when I read that :( What an ordeal for you. I actually don't know what to say :-[

Yeah, I like big bear hugs. I'm a huggy person :D

jakodai

« Reply #1509 on: July 31, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »
It was pretty scary, and I think I just tend to push it out of my mind whenever I think about it. It helps that I'm busy! lol. But I have my little man and that's all that matters. I'd do it all over again if I had to. AFL Footballers are generally big & muscly. I like big muscly cuddles... ;-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 31, 2012, 02:06:25 pm »
I'm not surprised you push it out of your mind, it must be horrible to think about :( But like you say, you have your beautiful boy :D

Very big and muscly ;D Much more so than your average chess player, I would think ;)

I wish there was a charity where you could go and get a big muscly hug for a gold coin donation. That could raise a lot of money :D

jakodai

« Reply #1511 on: July 31, 2012, 02:08:45 pm »
Hmmm... I might have to see who I can speak to to make that suggestion for the next Good Friday Appeal for the Royal Children's Hospital. The footballers get pretty involved in the appeal... :-D

I was always a bit of a geek at school, so no big footballer hugs for me... :-(

• View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 31, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »
THAT would be awesome :D :D :D

Don't worry, I was a geek as well :-)) We can be geeks together ;D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:06 pm »
Why is obbie's photo on every post?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 31, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »
Why is obbie's photo on every post?
Must be your iPad DJ,mine is normal.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:13:42 am by judydawn »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.