Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036761 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1380 on: July 27, 2012, 07:37:52 am »
I'm exhausted just reading about what you have done astarra...Whew!
The usual morning rush, kids, dogs, horses fed and out the door to school (kids)  and paddock (horses and dogs).
Then I've had a meeting with deputy principle re Miss 15's school work. ATAR is giving me a headache and I'm not the one doing it  ??? Miss 15 is working really hard, but just not getting the grades they want her to get.
Now I'm up to my eyeballs in tax and BAS and it is doing my head in as ... well ... it is tax. And they've changed the rules and I just don't get it!
Now I'm procrastinating!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 27, 2012, 07:48:32 am »
Oh, I know how you feel Nikkit. I have had to stay home today as I've had a gas space heater installed. I have spent the day sifting through paperwork- a job I keep on putting off. How can one household accumulate so much paper?
I have ditched about 5 years worth of school newsletters and dealt with the pile of papers in my kitchen basket.
I have also sifted through DH's tax "filing system". That is a loose term for an old wine box that he has thrown all his paperwork into since I did his tax last year >:( I have it sorted into manilla folders, so that when I do his tax, i will be able to find everything... well, that's the theory anyway.
I just have the last little bit to do, but I'm procrastinating by spending some time on the forum. ;D
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 27, 2012, 08:54:57 am »
I know exactly how you both feel. I have spent the entire day working on Ma in laws finances which have to be submited to the state administrative tribunal each year as DH is her guardian. It is supposed to come up with an equal amount over the year. This year I am $4.18 out so if they don't like that they know what they can do. :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 27, 2012, 09:28:38 am »
Astarra, you are amazing with the amount you get done in a day :D :-*

I had a horrible night last night so didn't sleep well. I felt sick when I got up this morning, didn't think I was going to have a good day, but I went to the first of my nutrition classes and the ladies are all so lovely that I did end up feeling better :)

mcmich

« Reply #1384 on: July 27, 2012, 09:34:03 am »
How's your Grandpa Amy?

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 27, 2012, 09:35:56 am »
Glad you're feeling better Amy. I was at work today, picked up kids then straight home to cook dinner.
Melbourne, inner north

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 27, 2012, 09:40:53 am »
How's your Grandpa Amy?

He is a bit better thanks DFM :) They sent him home a couple of days ago and the first thing he wanted to do was prune the budlia :-)) He doesn't understand that its dangerous for him to be doing things like that. So we are glad he is home but worried that he will do something and hurt himself :(

Thanks deedub :)

mcmich

« Reply #1387 on: July 27, 2012, 09:50:57 am »
That's good to hear.  :)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 28, 2012, 01:33:15 am »
Cookie - I wish I had been only $4.18 out. I "lost" $2000 somewhere in the paperwork/computer/receipts/goodness only knows where!  :o Was tearing my hair out for a couple of hours until it miraculously appeared again. ???  Does my head in! I do a rather large happy dance when at the end of each 3 months everything tallies up. Until I have to write the cheque for the tax man to go on his all expenses paid round the world in first class trip!
ES - that's my next job, shredding paperwork that we no longer need to keep. But I think I may have to venture up into the roof space to bring some down. Best bring some down before I put more up there, would hate it if the ceiling collapsed due to too much paper!
Wonder if I could send the tax office a bill for "collapsed ceiling due to having to keep too much paperwork" ?  :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 28, 2012, 01:41:53 am »
There may be a few out there who do not know that your local YAPS or RSPCA love shredded  paper or newspaper not shredded.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1390 on: July 28, 2012, 02:45:22 am »
Just come back from a nice hour walk, I zig zagged up and down streets, down to the river, then back up again, down to the river again then back up. Got 22 flights of stairs into my walk so far today :)
And the sun is shining which is a nice change from yesterday when we were covered in fog until 1.30pm :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 28, 2012, 06:14:41 am »
Bought some slippers :) They are purple with green, yellow and light purple flowers on them :D

mcmich

« Reply #1392 on: July 28, 2012, 06:48:40 am »
Sounds pretty Amy, are they for the retreat?

jakodai

« Reply #1393 on: July 28, 2012, 07:13:22 am »
I'm sorry I've been MIA for the past week everyone, I've felt very rude! Thank you all for the lovely words/thoughts about DS. I think I was just feeling sorry for myself for the situation that we're in. It's just so frustrating. It doesn't matter where we go, we're constantly met with incompetence. We got his hearing test results in the mail the other day, and teh lady who did them has said that his hearing is impaired, but his hearing is 'just adequate for normal speech and language development'. Language, yes. Speech, no. It annoys me that this has come back like that, because the only reason we picked up on the problems that he's having is because of his speech development. He mispronounces many letters (eg: he pronounces 'g' like the 'g' in 'ground' as opposed to like the 'g' in 'gee', 'f' is pronounced like 'g' - four is 'gour') and this can't be corrected until his ears are corrected. There's no word on his operation date yet, but I'm going to try and get him on the waiting list at different hospitals. The Eye & Ear hospital in the city had the shortest waiting periods for 2010/2011 according to the data that I've found.

ANYWAY, things have been crazy busy at work, which is why I haven't been on line, but it does look like things will start to settle down now so everything should fall back in to place.

mcmich

« Reply #1394 on: July 28, 2012, 07:21:25 am »
I'm glad things are falling back into place jakodai. It's very hard being a working mother.