Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036414 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #915 on: July 11, 2012, 10:02:09 pm »
Thanks megan and everyone.
Chemistry! I understand where you are coming from, but agree with Gert, you are very learned in your craft already.

Did a National Trust house today and truly hated every minute of  it. So very busy, everyone herded round the house like livestock with so many people inside you couldn't see anything. I suppose it was so wet that everyone headed for an indoor attraction.
Better when outside in POURING rain. Lots of roads flooded, quite an exciting drive. Had a cuppa with an old friend and fish n chips on way back to holiday house. Tried to see another friend but she wasn't there and O2 phone network is down so no mobiles since about 3 pm.

Bought some more plants to take home for the garden. Quite a lot of the plants are now from places we've visited this year. All hardy, all perennial or self seeders.

Out all day tomorrow and hopefully get to Alnwick castle garden On Friday, weather dependent. I'll be going home for a rest at this rate. DH now at the bunged up phase of manflu. Me.... Am ok so far, fingers crossed.

mcmich

« Reply #916 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »
Sounds like you are having a lovely break DJ.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 11, 2012, 10:17:43 pm »
Flew to Newman this morning with DD, my sister & BiL Did some sight seeing and had a BBQ in the bush.

Is your BIL gobsmacked?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 11, 2012, 10:22:38 pm »
Must get ready to head to town. Haircut plus grocery shopping today. Have a great day friends :)
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 11, 2012, 10:29:23 pm »
You have a great day too DG!

I'm on the train heading to work for more end of financial year fun (not!).
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 11, 2012, 11:46:00 pm »
Trains,, we dont have any here.

I am at work, must do some though..... :(
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 12, 2012, 12:27:14 am »
Trains,, we dont have any here.

We only have one train here Robyn, and its not even for people :-))

On my agenda today: going for a run and a swim, studying, baking, forum surfing and vegetable shopping :) Oh, and going to a class tonight :P

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 12, 2012, 01:03:26 am »
A day outside in the cold. Ds has an auskick day session from 10am- 4ish, hopefully earlier.

So a day in the park, have packed a picnic, pizza, spinach quiche, homus, bread, fruit, crackers & cheese, chocolate  milk,  custard cookies,  & a bottle  of wine for the mums. Hoping we can buy hot coffee.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 12, 2012, 01:21:39 am »
Sounds good H - hope the weather is nice to you!  :)

Miss 5 still home from school, feeling a bit better tho today - phew.  :)
Am finding a bag to get rid of, cooking and cleaning, Thursday and friday jobs today, mum coming tomorrow! Think I'll have fun with the 3 girls under my feet.... :-))
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 12, 2012, 01:22:33 am »
Thats good Astarra.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 12, 2012, 02:03:45 am »
Can't - feel - my - legs....walking for hours in heeled boots yesterday = completely stupid!  :-\

Catching up at home, attempting very, very overdue BAS statemements, then visit elderly F.I.L. in hopspital....tough old buggar, he has more lives than a cat....some of his bowel popped out through his hernia  :o  he's doing o.k. though.
Was going to take in some soup, as he's very vocal about the "hospital soup"....but he's still only sucking on ice cubes after 5 days.

Dropping money off at Dads, he's building me a new computer (I love that he's a computer wizz!) all for the grand sum of $350...Bargain  8)....I need this one for the business and it's driving me nuts how slow it is....plus it's making very scary noises still, which really cant be good  :-\

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Thermolicious

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 12, 2012, 02:40:31 am »
Well at work at the mo  ;D  A lot of catching up to do as I have had the bl**dy flu that is going around for the past week and a bit!

I had to drop my husband off for back surgery this morning for a 6.30am checkin so early rise for me today, leaving the house at 5.15am!  He is first on the list so I am eagerly awaiting news from the hospital.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 12, 2012, 02:42:26 am »
Maddy, you will soon learn comfort is more important than fashion - hope you feel your legs again soon  :-*

Hope DH's back surgery is successful Bec - backs are a real problem.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 12, 2012, 02:57:27 am »
Thermolicious I hope all goes well for DH. It is hard waiting.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Thermolicious

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 12, 2012, 02:59:24 am »
Ta Judy and Gert - I am definitely not fond of the waiting.  I keep checking my mobile in case I have missed any calls ;)