Author Topic: TM6 experiments with new functions  (Read 29834 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TM6 experiments with new functions
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 07:46:16 am »
Thanks JD, and definitely older!! ;D

Sadly it’s something we can’t dodge.  ;D
But we won’t let it hold us back.

No chance of that.  ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 11:38:42 am »
Thanks JD, and definitely older!! ;D

Sadly it’s something we can’t dodge.  ;D
But we won’t let it hold us back.

Absolutely not!!  ;D ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2020, 07:11:55 am »
Welcome back MJ , so excited to realise I just joined your Facebook page .

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2020, 11:37:43 pm »
Have just read through this thread and have found it very interesting and informative. Thankyou Julie for your reveiws. I'm having a demonstration on Friday. After speaking to the demonstrator she knows I want to see the benefits of upgrading from the 5 to the 6. Have watched a few youtube videos too.
She also has someone that wants to buy the 5 off me, so that would be handy.
Julie, did you get the blade cover ?
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 06:12:11 am »
Hi McMich.  No blade cover as yet.  They were expected late April but because of the virus it’s taking longer.  Will get one as soon as they are available.

There are quite a few of the modes on the T6 that I haven’t used yet, one is using the Fermentation mode to prove dough.  I’m planning on trying that tomorrow morning (hopefully) to make ciabatta rolls, am interested to see how that goes.   

Personally I love the T6 more than the other 2 models hands down. To be able to get it hot enough (like I’ve said in the review) to get a nice flavour base going when starting recipes by cooking the onions on the High Heat on their own (or with garlic if that’s in there too).  It makes all the difference and I don’t mind the extra time that takes as when it’s doing its thing, you don’t touch it or have to check on it until the cycle has finished.

At first it was strange to hear the blades turn, then stop and the spitting begin, a blade turn, then stop etc but I’m used to it now.  I use this time to put excess ingredients away, wipe down benches, get the next ingredients I will be using lined up in readiness for the next stage.   

I guess everyone’s needs are different but after having the 3 models and owning my first one in 2009 and being totally used to a thermomix, I can honestly say this one is the best (for me!).  Such a pleasure to use. 

It’s hard when thinking of updating as the last thing you want to do is feel like you’ve ‘wasted’ your money.  You really won’t know if that’s the case until you are actually using one.

The fact that you have someone who would buy your 5 without you having to go down the road of trying to sell it yourself is a bonus.  See what you think after your demo and if you have any questions at all, have them ready for your consultant.   

Good luck with your decision making.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2020, 06:53:39 am »
I have the 5 but did buy the Cookkey and hence can update my machine a bit. I used the Pre clean the other day as I truly though it was a waste of time as the machine is so easy to clean anyway. I put it on after I had finished with the machine and was putting the dough into a dish to rise and putting ingredients away. I was pleasantly surprised. I use it all the time now.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 07:22:26 am »
Thankyou Julie and Cookie. I have the cookkey too for my 5.
The high heat will be amazing to start off slow cooking. Your tip for pre heating the thermomix first before adding the onions etc will be something I will do. The demonstrator is making creamy coconut and chicken curry with cauliflower rice. What I would really like to see is the additional modes, so will ask her to demonstrate those. Thanks again.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 08:33:23 am »
Michele, I will be interested to hear what you think.  I went to a demo and wasn’t very impressed.  Could have been the consultant.  I want to know the advantages of the 6 over the 5.  They are not doing face to face demos in Ballarat.  All by Video.  You have to book a place. They are basic demo for people new to TMX.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 09:08:36 am »
I had my demo today instead of Friday - suited everyone. My demonstrator was very knowledgable. Although she didn't know about the forum and is going to join. I also told her about JulieO's tip of pre heating the thermomix before adding onions, ginger,garlic etc and told her about this thread. We made the creamy coconut and chicken curry from the demonstrator collection. Cathie bought along her home made garlic paste, ginger paste and tandori paste as well as her home grown chillies. (she had a variety called bishops crown, which look so pretty). Im hooked with the higher temp and as much as I would like to pass my TMX 5 onto one of the kids, DH thinks selling it to fund the next model is the way to go, plus which child do we bless, so that is our comprimise. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2020, 09:13:50 am »
Good idea Michele, it would be hard to choose one child over the other.  You were obviously impressed enough to with the latest model to go ahead and order one on the spot.  Good luck with the sale, I hope you get a good price for it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 12:43:22 am »
Michele, thanks for the review.  What was the advantage of making the curry dish in the 6 over the 5.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2020, 07:27:09 am »
If you have a cookkey then the only advantage would have been the high heat for browning the condiments and the chicken. If that isn't something important to you, then none what so ever.
Judy, I haven't ordered it yet. I want to sell the 5 first. Cathie has advertised it on the demonstrator site. If it doesn't sell then I have a good machine that has just been serviced and I'm sure more upgrades will become available through the cookkey.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2020, 10:30:30 am »
Hopefully the 5 will sell quickly Mich.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2020, 02:06:50 pm »
Good luck for a quick sale Michele.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2020, 10:54:20 pm »
Michele, thanks for answering my question.  You are making a very sensible decision.  When I went to a demo of the 6, I couldn’t see a significant advantage for me of the 6 over the 5.