Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6140440 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #6330 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:38 am »
Am just about to start typing up recipes from Jamie's 15 min meals.  Lots of lovely sounding and looking meals in this book.  It's very rare that we don't like anything of Jamies, he knows how to get great flavour in his meals.  :D

I'm loving that book too...I think there are a few that can be converted to TMX too :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: January 13, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »
Thanks everyone for the kind comments about the pony. He is a lovely one with an amazing temperament. Took a long time to find. Had two good years with him. Good ponies, like good husbands, are very very hard to find and both are keepers !! ;D  ;D
I've thought long and hard and really have no option. He is in a good home. They've offered me less than his value but there is no hassle involved and no more costs and I know he'll be looked after. I have accepted by text but haven't had their reply yet. He's been on loan there since end Sept and it means I can cancel my insurance, which will mean a rebate. I also have a saddle to sell.

Lots of laundry and ironing today turning DH around to be away again this week.
Been for a brisk hour's walk as well. Lovely bright frosty day here, the best sort of winter's day.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: January 13, 2013, 04:23:42 pm »
Great photos Michele. ;)
It's lovely to hear that your pony has found a good home DJ :)

My plans went out the window today when I was asked out for coffee this morning.Couldn't resist the invitation as it was a good chance to catch up with my friends news ;) Then I went to get dog food and it was 2pm when I got back home. :o Had lunch then walked Chance again.Time certainly flies :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:13 pm »
good news about the pony DJ :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: January 13, 2013, 07:42:37 pm »
The vet is checking him this week. He should be fine.
Will update you when it's finalised.

mcmich

« Reply #6335 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:18 pm »
Great that the pony is going to good home.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: January 13, 2013, 10:24:10 pm »
Will you still be able to visit your pony DJ? I'm glad you found nice owners for it :)

CC, sounds like you had a nice day :D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: January 13, 2013, 10:34:07 pm »
Thanks Amy.
Actually I don't want to, it makes me soooooo very sad.
All the hurt of what has happened comes out there for some reason.

Looking forward to having a dog when we are settled. Have to look forward not back.

• View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: January 13, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »
Good point DJ, I think it would make me sad too :( I would want to take them home again!
Looking forward is a good strategy. There's no point dwelling on the past.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: January 13, 2013, 11:00:33 pm »
DJ, thoughts are with you. I have not had to sell a horse of mine - and could not imagine it if I had too. Your pony will be loved by new owners I am sure  :)

I took my horse to the beach yesterday, Miss 11 sat on him for a while until he decided that pawing at the water would be fun and she fell off and he got my knee with his hoof. (ouch) I must remember to step away when he does it. I have photos - but they are watermarked as they are from a proffessional photographer, so not too sure if I can post them here.

I worked out it is a 200km round trip to the beach and back - I must be keen  ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: January 13, 2013, 11:49:14 pm »
Nikkit, you or your horse must LOVE THE BEACH ;D

Good on you :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: January 14, 2013, 12:08:36 am »
Great photos Mich

Glad your pony found a good home DJ

I am back at work today  :(

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #6342 on: January 14, 2013, 12:34:44 am »
So - doing some writing today and also fine tuning a cookie recipe I'm working on.  It is a TM recipe, so will post link when I get it up.

Oh - also joined a girls running group, but will stick with the more sedate ladies who walk.  :o
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:10 am »
Cleaning up from yesterdays dinner party, playing with the girls, washing washing and more washing, cleaning all my dining chairs, trying to convert a recipe to TM (but is hard with 3 little helpers!!) Made beds with clean sheets (just cuz I love clean sheets!!), got a parcel delivered which was alot of my sandwich stamp cutter things  :D  so am washing them then have to try them out!!  :D :D :D
Also sorted and written my lunch and dinner menus for the week! (from Pantry, fridge and freezer stock so am very  :D about that!)
:D

• View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: January 14, 2013, 01:19:34 am »
My gosh astarra :o I didn't realise pregnancy was like an energy drug!! :D :D :D

Oh - also joined a girls running group, but will stick with the more sedate ladies who walk.  :o

Good on you Amanda :) :)