Author Topic: Weird noises...should I be worried?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Canadian Kangaroo

• View Profile
Weird noises...should I be worried?
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:15:02 am »
I am making the veggie stock right now and have chopped everything no worries.  I am now 10 minutes in to the 20 minute cooking time on speed one, Varoma.  Once in a while the motor sounds like it's struggling and almost makes a grinding squealing sound and slows down like it's stuck.  Then after a couple seconds it's fine again. It's done this twice in 10 minutes.  Is that normal or should I be concerned?

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: Weird noises...should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:33:11 am »
Sounds like maybe a chunk of something is getting caught up under the blade...?  Maybe increase speed for just a few seconds to break up the veges.

I find with with the stock since it's pretty thick I need to give it a stir or two during cooking so it doesnt catch and burn on the bottom of the jug, and sometimes increase the speed to 2 just to make sure it's moving well.

When you aren't cooking anything, take the blades out and make sure around the seal is really clean - that's what needed a clean when I had some odd noises.

Good luck!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Canadian Kangaroo

• View Profile
Re: Re: Weird noises...should I be worried?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 02:43:46 am »
Thanks...it hasn't done it again so I'm thinking you are right and something was caught.  It's all done now and looks great with no burnt bits :D

Offline timfulford

• View Profile
    • ATamorecreations
Re: Weird noises...should I be worried?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:12:15 am »
usually something under the blade try reverse and a slightly higher speed
Cook with all your heart and then friends and family will not be far away