Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4479008 times)

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1665 on: January 16, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »
Today is my first online supermarket shop.  Woolies now delivers to my area. Yay. 

It took me forever to go through and find everything, but I figured the first time would be the worst and once the lists are saved it would get easier. 

But with 2 little ones, it takes nearly 25 mins to get them into the car and drive to the nearest supermarket, then unload them, find a trolley which is semi-clean, race up and down the aisle (hoping that one or the other doesn't start crying), stop miss grabby fingers trying to get everything, then load the shopping and kids back into the car, drive home, unpack everything and everyone.  I reckon for the $5.00 delivery fee it's well worth it. (I managed to get the del. fee down by just going over their next price bracket, with things I needed anyway, plus selected the delivery time that they had a $2.00 discount on.)

Does anyone have any tips for online grocery shopping?

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 16, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »
Do you have
Aussie Farmers Direct in your area, i use them for dairy & fruit & vegs. Jusypt googe to see if they deliver to tour area ring them 1300 MILKMAN

Hally :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 17, 2012, 02:42:41 am »
Thanks Hally - Unfortunately Aussie Farmers Direct don't delivery to my area.  That's why I was surprised that Woolies did. 

Mainly using it for the basic items.  We have our own lamb in the freezer, had 5 lambs butchered last year.  Still working through that.  In the past we have butchered our own beef.  Last time we butchered a cow I had to buy a new freezer as we had 380kg of meat.  No need for eggs as the chickens are laying.  We have 10 chickens hatch and so the roosters will go into the cooking pot when big enough

The veggie garden is producing at the moment, so no need to buy much in the veggie department.

Now with TMX making my own yoghurt, butter and bread, also giving the cleaning products a good.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:54 am »
 :o keiramax  what esle would you need, i know some vino  :-))
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 17, 2012, 03:31:02 am »
I haven't had a drink for the last 2 1/2 years.  I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding.  For a while there I was both pregnant and breastfeeding.  And I don't see me drinking in a while, the little man is only 10 weeks old.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 18, 2012, 06:09:50 am »
Wow, that produce sounds fantastic, would love to have all that food on hand.

Today I downloaded Kindle for my Mac from Amazon and then checked out all their free ebooks and downloaded one called Smart School Time Recipes which looks like a very interesting book with heaps of useful links to blogs and website loaded with healthy recipes. I was attracted to this recipe book because it has heaps of dairy-free recipes which I need for my 7 yr old DD. Hopefully I'll be able to try some soon and convert them for the TMX and post them on the forum. I also downloaded a number of other cookbooks which I haven't had a chance to look at yet.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 18, 2012, 06:52:38 am »
http://www.ereaderiq.com/. A very useful web site for Kindle owners.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 18, 2012, 08:22:22 am »
I've been bad but loved it. This morning I had a makeover at a cosmetic counter. DD persuaded me as they were demonstrating their new...............collection. I loved it so much I bought a new 4 shade eyeshadow, eyeliner to match and lipstick to match and the blush for DD. I loved every minute of it and after all DH did give me money for Christmas. :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 18, 2012, 09:28:43 am »
Cookie how did you look when they finished you, what did DH think or didn't he notice like most men  :D :D  I have always wanted to stop and let them try to do wonders on me but thought they wouldn't want an old codger like me sitting in the chair.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 18, 2012, 09:31:51 am »
Any old codger will do so long as they spend spend spend!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 18, 2012, 09:32:59 am »
Those companies would soon go broke it everyone spent as much money on make-up as I do Gretchen  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:29 am »
You and me both. No point in spending money up here on makeup as it only slips off with the humidity.

Gert

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 18, 2012, 10:38:16 am »
Ha ha Gert so true!. I recently spend a few weeks in Rockhampton and decided that putting on makeup, blowdrying hair and ironing clothes were all an absolute waste of time. The makeup slid off, the hair went frizzy and the clothes were crushed and/or drenched in minutes. According to the locals I'm now officially a "Southerner"  ;D ;D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 18, 2012, 11:31:46 am »
http://www.ereaderiq.com/. A very useful web site for Kindle owners.

Gert

This is a brilliant site Gert, I have downloaded so many books from it since you posted it on fb the other day  :-* :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 18, 2012, 11:40:43 am »
Yup it is a good one and I like how you can filter out the stuff you don't want to see otherwise it would take you ages.  Not a lot of great books but good reading none the less  for those. Who inhale books. I read a bit of crapola  then a good book. In any case it is whatever  tickles your fancy.

Gert