Author Topic: Zucchini, Cheese and Bacon Mini Quiches  (Read 119037 times)

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
Re: Zucchini, Cheese and Bacon Mini Quiches
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 05:21:43 am »
I've made these today and they're yummy and so easy. I had no zucchini so used carrot instead. I think they'll be a nice for something different for the kids lunches.  Thank you.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 06:50:30 am »
Amy, this is amazing! I made it this morning to take to a birthday party and half of then aren't going to make it! DS's dad, who doesn't eat ANY vegetables even ate it, liked it and didn't know the zucchini was in it. I will definitely be making this again (possibly for dinner tonight... Lol). I'm putting a list of recipes together to make for DS's 3rd birthday party in October and this is on it! Thank you!!

Thanks for such a fantastic review Amanda! :D What an achievement for DS's dad lol :-)) I'm really glad they were a success for you. They make a great little meal with homemade chips and salad too ;)

I've made these today and they're yummy and so easy. I had no zucchini so used carrot instead. I think they'll be a nice for something different for the kids lunches.  Thank you.

Thanks for the review Brumington, I'm glad you enjoyed them! :) Do you think you will try them with zucchini next time? I would be interested to hear how you think the zucchini compares to the carrot in these little quiches because I have never tried them with carrot ;)

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 10:37:49 am »
I've made these today and they're yummy and so easy. I had no zucchini so used carrot instead. I think they'll be a nice for something different for the kids lunches.  Thank you.

Thanks for the review Brumington, I'm glad you enjoyed them! :) Do you think you will try them with zucchini next time? I would be interested to hear how you think the zucchini compares to the carrot in these little quiches because I have never tried them with carrot ;)

To be honest, zucchini is not a vegetable I'm a big fan of so I tend not to buy them that often.  Having said that, my local produce shop sells them off in kg bags really cheap so if I buy them they usually end up being blitzed in a tomato sauce for pasta etc.  I think visually the zucchini would look better but flavour wise I couldn't actually taste the carrot so was just happy it was disguised in there for the kids!  I will give them another go with zucchini at some stage but its one of those great recipes that can be adapted to what's in the fridge.  Another reason I really liked it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:41:12 pm by judydawn »

jakodai

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 11:17:08 am »
I'm not a big vegetable person, but I know I need to eat them to be healthy, so I try and find ways to keep eating them as pleasant as possible. I find that a lot of times while you can't distinctly taste a vegetable that is within something like this, it adds to the flavour. I pureed an eggplant and put into a shepherds pie when I made it last. I couldn't taste it in the shepherds pie, but it still added a nice flavour to it. Maybe I'm imagining things, but if it works, I'll stick with it.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 11:39:10 am »
To be honest, zucchini is not a vegetable I'm a big fan of so I tend not to buy them that often.  Having said that, my local produce shop sells them off in kg bags really cheap so if I buy them they usually end up being blitzed in a tomato sauce for pasta etc.  I think visually the zucchini would look better but flavour wise I couldn't actually taste the carrot so was just happy it was disguised in there for the kids!  I will give them another go with zucchini at some stage but its one of those great recipes that can be adapted to what's in the fridge.  Another reason I really liked it.

Fair enough Brumington, any vegies you can get into the kids is a bonus :-))

I couldn't taste it in the shepherds pie, but it still added a nice flavour to it. Maybe I'm imagining things, but if it works, I'll stick with it.

Thats the way to do it ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 11:41:21 am »
I made this mixture and cooked it as one big quiche for dinner tonight ;D
I used wholemeal flour for a bit of extra nutrition, topped it with sliced tomato and served it with homemade wedges ;)

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 11:43:37 am »
That looks great Amy!  :)
Katie, Perth WA

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 11:45:21 am »
Thanks kt2! This one is always a winner in our house :D

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:21 am »
Amy we just loved the quiches, and I also made another batch for the freezer for lunches thank you  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:04 am »
I'm really glad thermo18! Thanks for the review :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 12:49:13 pm »
I put some of these out for afternoon tea with cake and nibbles for visitors this afternoon and they loved them Amy.  Great snack food when made in mini cup cake trays which I cook for 15 minutes.  Friend took the recipe home with her as she often goes to friends' houses where she takes a plate for supper.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
Thanks Judy, I'm glad these little quiches are being enjoyed by so many :D
I'll have to make a note to try them in my mini cupcake tray, that sounds very cute ;)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2012, 07:10:03 am »
I made these again yesterday and they're nearly all gone - the kids love them! Miss 7 requested them for her lunchbox this morning, & she's just eaten 2 more for her after school snack. I made 12 in the muffin tray, then used a mini tart pan (think that's what it is) for the rest of the mixture, the latter took about 12mins to cook. Added some fresh corn to the mix as well.
Fast becoming a favourite, thx Amy!
Melbourne, inner north

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2012, 07:14:03 am »
Thats fantastic deedub! They are great snacks for kids, I'm glad to hear Miss 7 is enjoying them :D

jakodai

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 07:30:22 am »
I used one of these when I cooked mine, and it was perfect. It's domed, just in case that's not clear in the photo, which makes them SO easy to get out and clean.