Author Topic: Poached Eggs - New EDC  (Read 27608 times)

Online Wonder

• View Profile
Poached Eggs - New EDC
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:00:10 pm »
I thought I would give this method a try with just a single egg this morning and it worked perfectly. I cooked for 1 minute longer because I don't like runny eggs and it was perfect. I did notice a bit of the white was a little rubbery but I don't think that's the recipe. I will try poaching this way from now on although not sure when we are making more than two eggs how it will go but it does give instructions for doing more.

Linked - JD
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:21:10 am by judydawn »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Poached Eggs - New EDC
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:22:07 am »
Thanx for trying this Wonder - I have it on my to-try list too and now probably will do it quicker!!  :)
:D

Online Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 01:20:08 am »
I was really surprised at how well this worked, I'm not one for using the TMX where I think my old method either works well or ends up with less dishes but will probably keep up this method in future.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 05:04:13 am »
Thanks for the review Wonder, I'd never have thought to make these otherwise. After reading your review, I couldn't wait to try them so DD and I had them for lunch today. They are the best poached eggs I've ever made and oh so easy too. It would be a perfect recipe if you could cook a few more at a time, I might try that at the weekend and report back. I couldn't believe I got restaurant-looking poached eggs so took a picture :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline kent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 06:17:11 am »
I made these for my Wife on the weekend.

She loves runny poached eggs, and I found that the 3 minute cooking time is too long.  Next time, I'll try 2 mins, 30 secs and hope that it leaves them runny.

Agree though, they looked fantastic!

Online Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 08:13:57 am »
Jamberie I was the same. While I was waiting for the water to boil I was looking at the picture thinking how annoying it is that the eggs never turn out that way and then when mine was cooked it was perfect. I'm thinking I will need to make mine first and then DH's as he has them runny and I have them hard. just need to be able to keep them warm.

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 08:36:03 am »
Wahh can you tell me how to make them.  I don't have the new EDC and I love poached eggs and can't cook them.
Medusa, in Oz

Online Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Re: Poached Eggs - New EDC
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:15 am »
Here you go Medusa. If this isn't ok to put up can one of the moderators please remove?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 08:48:19 am »
These work out a treat. I'm not a huge lover of poached eggs as I don't like runny eggs but I do enjoy these. I cook them for 30 seconds longer.  You can Keep them warm in your thermoserver ... Especially if you have the small 1 litre one :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Online Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 08:51:34 am »
Great idea Faffa, I only have the large one but if I'm organized and warm it before hand it should be great. I enjoy poached eggs but they need to be cooked a lot more for me. I think I did a full minute longer this morning.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 09:01:52 am »
I love poached eggs.If you hadn't done the review Wonder I would have have never of thought to do it this way :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 09:35:42 am »
thank you thank you thank you.  I know what I am having for breakie tomorrow morning!!
Medusa, in Oz

Offline Dublin Girl in Oz

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 11:59:58 am »
Thank you Wonder on my list to try.
Sylvia - Melbourne

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 12:19:12 pm »
Thanks for the review wonder. I made these a few weeks ago and forgot to post a review. I made two and they are really easy and turned out perfect. I also made a hollandaise sauce first and kept it covered whilst I poached the eggs.

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »
Thanks for posting the pic fo the recipe! I don't have the new EDC either so the recipe was a huge help! We all love poached eggs in this house!

Sorry if this question has been bought up elsewhere....but in step one, where it says to heat 11 mins/varoma/speed 1...is it really necessary to do that? Or can I just boil the kettle, add the water from the kettle into the TM bowl and then continue to heat until it gets to varoma temp? Sorry, I've always wondered this, cos it seems like it would be much quicker to boil n the kettle?

Also, do you guys think it's worth getting the new EDC? Are there many new recipes or tweaks to recipes in the older EDC?