Author Topic: Cheat's cheesecake  (Read 9240 times)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
Cheat's cheesecake
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:28:45 am »
[Name of Recipe: Cheat's cheesecake
Number of People: 4 small serves
Ingredients:
125 g light cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup thick greek style yoghurt
2 tbspns lemon butter, plus extra for garnish
4 plain sweet biscuits
fresh berries to serve
Preparation:
1. Put biscuits in tmx, closed lid and one turbo pulse (May need more depending on the biscuits, but not fine crumbs, some chunky bits are ok)  Set aside.
2. Insert butterfly, add cream cheese and beat 60 seconds, speed 4 or until cheese is light. Scrape down sides.
3. Mix 30 seconds, speed 2 while adding yoghurt through the lid.
4. Add lemon butter and mix 5 seconds speed 4 or until lemon butter is mixed through.
5. Layer mix with biscuits & berries in 4 small dessert glasses.
6. Chill for 30 minutes.
Serve with extra lemon butter.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:
So yummy and so easy. I always double this recipe for the 5 of us as the servings are tiny.
Also very versatile. Nicest with fresh berries, but frozen beries are OK too. Dress it up with nuts and grated chocolate if you like.
I make this whenever I make lemon butter.
My first recipe so I hope I've got it right.
Recipe from recipe+ magazine jan/feb 2007

Members' comments
ES - I made this for dessert tonight as I had picked up a tub of light cream cheese for 99c, and I can't resist a bargain! I'm glad I followed your advice and doubled the recipe as it made 4 serves. I used some of CP's cornflake biscuits for the crumb, and the odd choc chip was really yummy. I only had about a tablespoon of lemon curd left, so I added a tablespoon of lime juice and swirled through some runny strawberry jam that I'd made. I used BD Paris Creek's dessert yoghurt, and I had some fresh blueberries in the fridge, so I added these as well. It was really yummy! Oh, and I made it in my Thermochef without adjusting the recipe.

snappy - I did add 2 tsp of icing sugar to the cream cheese as I have a sweet tooth! This made 3 very small little glasses - I would say it serves 2.  Definitely double the recipe if there are four adults! These were yummy - great idea if there are only two of you but you feel like a cheesecake! Will be making on a regular basis throughout summer.

mab19 - Made this for dessert when my girlfriend came for lunch yesterday and it was a real hit.  I doubled the recipe as suggested and served it with raspberry coulis and a dob of lemon curd.  Will certainly be making it again.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:42:16 pm by judydawn »
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline joynatalie

• View Profile
Re: Cheat's cheesecake
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:32:44 am »
I am not very bright, do you remove the biscuits before beating the cheese?

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:35:57 am »
Oh thanks joynatalie, missed a bit will fix it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 05:43:35 am »
djinni373, you did fine with your first recipe posting.  What a great idea - I love individual desserts and this one is so healthy with the addition of the yoghurt and very little biscuit. Thank you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:29:41 am »
Love any recipe with Cheats in its name. Will be sure to give this one a go. As lemon butter is not something I generally keep does anyone have any suggestions for a substitute? If not, I'll just make some.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 01:31:58 pm »
Twitterpated I'm sure there are many talented cooks on this forum who will be able to give you an alternative but unfortunately I'm not one of them.

I'm not a creative cook and I haven't tried a substitute for the lemon butter. I love lemon butter and I like the subtle tang it gives this recipe. Lemon butter is quick and easy to make in the TMX.

There is a lemon butter recipe in the EDC but I like this one better. I think it was originally posted by I love Bimby sometime ago. I don't bother with the sterilised jars as it doesn't last long enough here.

Juice and rind of 2 lemons
250g sugar
85g butter
2 eggs

Add lemon rind and sugar to bowl and pulverise for 20 seconds on speed 9.
Insert Butterfly an add all the other ingredients.  Cook for 8 minutes at 80oC on speed 3.
Check to see if mixture coats back of spoon, if not cook for a further 2 mins.
Place in sterilised jars and chill.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 05:55:31 am »
This has made my mouth water. :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:33:25 am »
Hi djinni373, thanks for taking the time to post the recipe for lemon butter. Picked up 5 lemons for $2.00 yesterday (they are the size of grapefruits) so I'm going to make the lemon butter. Was going to have a look for a recipe but you have saved me the time.  :)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 11:05:53 am »
You're welcome Twitterpated. Enjoy :)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 11:29:26 am »
I made this for dessert tonight as I had picked up a tub of light cream cheese for 99c, and i can't resist a bargain! I'm glad I followed your advice and doubled the recipe as it made 4 serves. I used some of CP's cornflake biscuits for the crumb, and the odd choc chip was really yummy. I only had about a tablespoon of lemon curd left, so I added a tablespoon of lime juice and swirled through some runny strawberry jam that I'd made. I used BD Paris Creek's dessert yoghurt, and I had some fresh blueberries in the fridge, so I added these as well. It was really yummy! Oh, and I made it in my Thermochef without adjusting the recipe.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 01:59:23 am »
yummy.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 04:30:45 am »
I've got this in the fridge tonight.  I did add 2 tsp of icing sugar to the cream cheese though as I have a sweet tooth!

This made 3 very small little glasses - I would say it serves 2.  Definitely double the recipe if there are four adults!

I will give you the verdict after dinner tonight - cheesecake is DH favourite dessert so hopefully it should go down ok!

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 04:43:48 am »
i wonder if you could smash some strawberries with a bit of sugar and use that instead of the lemon butter ..... well i guess i will just have to do the hard yards and test both to see if it is possible .. and which one i like  :P :P :P

great recipe for dinner party.
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 12:41:02 pm »
Just back to say these were yummy - great idea if there are only two of you but you feel like a cheesecake!

Will be making on a regular basis throughout summer.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 09:41:17 am »
Sounds yummy. I think my boys would like this too. Like the idea of individual serves.