Author Topic: My First Meal  (Read 6747 times)

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
My First Meal
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:33:16 am »
Yay!! Thermie arrived today  ;D

So after the demo and everyone went home, it was time to feed the family well decided to dip my toe in the water and made pumpkin soup and chocolate custard from the EDC, wow!!

So quick, so easy and so yummy, there were 6 of us and we were well satisfied as I did have some frozen leftover pizza which I reheated to have with the soup.  I can see a lot more delicious food prepared in this kitchen from now on.

Sharon
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline salval

• View Profile
Re: My First Meal
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:44:40 am »
Oooooh Sharon, I get a little bit envious when I read about people first getting their TMX. It takes me back to that wonderful day so long ago, on the 14th September when I first unpacked mine. Such a special time in my life  :P

Glad you enjoyed the soup & custard. Yum huh!

Happy cooking!

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 11:55:30 am »
It takes me back too salval, way back to October 2008.  After the consultant made the sorbet with me, she went home and I just looked at my TMX for days  :P :P :P  You girls have so got your act together but then again, if I had found this forum before I took delivery of mine, I may have had more confidence too.
Well done knittercook, onwards and upwards from here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »
I remember the excitement of thermie delivery day too, December 8th 2010 for me. But couldn't even tell you the year I got my breadmaker/rice cooker/microwave etc.

What is really awesome is that the excitement doesn't wane. Five months on and I am still amazed at how quick and easy it is to produce a vast array of yummy meals, soups, desserts, cakes, biscuits, breads, jams and more.

Enjoy!
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:07:48 pm »
Congratulations Sharon on your first successful cooking with your TM. :) What's on the menu for tomorrow.  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 08:26:01 pm »
Congratulations Sharon on your first successful cooking with your TM. :) What's on the menu for tomorrow.  ;D

pumpkin scones and making some vegetable stock, not sure about dinner yet but I am sure there will be something to choose from  ;D
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:54 pm »

pumpkin scones and making some vegetable stock, not sure about dinner yet but I am sure there will be something to choose from  ;D
Nice choice Sharon,you are spoilt for recipes for dinner.The Honey Mustard Chicken got rave reviews from everyone. :)
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=5129.0
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 02:52:48 am »
Sharon how exciting.

I have had mine for about 2 months and just love it, use it everyday.

Its raining here in Perth and I thought lets make apple crumble for dinner, the crumble straight into TM and done in seconds. Have veggie stock concentrate cooking at atm.

You are going to be cooking madly this weekend, its hard to stop, so enjoy

Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 06:57:00 am »
November 2008 is my TMX's birthday. What fun we've had since then.

Sharon you will have a great weekend cooking.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 03:37:32 am »
I have spent all weekend cooking, love it!

But so far my all time favourite has been the Chicken Kiev a lovely home cooked version which had so much flavour and made in very little time thanks to TMX.

Offline trus087

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 02:15:52 pm »
i also got my thermomix this week  and cant believe it made rockcakes and LTM"s receipe found on here and a apple and grape sorbet all in under a hour and only like 6 dishes.. heaven !! however my main concer should say only is gaining all the weight i have lost  :'(  so im really on the look out for helathy main meals..  so many yummy recipes in desserts ect

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 02:32:30 pm »
I remember when I got my very first TM in October 2004! I was so excited! I cooked for days on end and did little else. No one complained though.
Then got the TM31 in October 2009 and I'm still cooking!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand