Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037121 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22305 on: December 20, 2018, 02:45:32 am »
Thanks Marina, hopefully all posts have been deleted now.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22306 on: December 20, 2018, 03:10:39 am »
Jen, Merry Christmas and hope all is well with you.
Marina,  we don’t know how to avoid the Melbourne traffic exceptnotgo there.  When we have left early,  we have been caught up in an accident that has blocked the road for ages. 
Finally got Ral a Xmas present.  A Tile that you attach to your keys so you can find them and a thing you speak to who will tell you what the weather is like and other things.  Will get DS to set it up.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22307 on: December 20, 2018, 06:20:28 am »
That will keep Ral amused on a daily basis Chookie.  Does it know what the winning x-lotto numbers will be?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22308 on: December 20, 2018, 08:32:19 am »
DH needs one to find his keys. I hate to say how many times he has lost them and had to take my keys when he is going out. We did buy him a thing that squawked, but it also squawked if you spoke at a certain pitch and drove us mad.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
« Reply #22309 on: December 20, 2018, 09:31:05 am »
Hello to you all beautiful people  :-*

Just wanted to stop by to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..
It is a tad early, but better early than never right?  ;D

The truth is I can be forgetful sometimes. Just like cookie's husband I have an issue with my keys! ;D  I locked myself out the other day and it wasn't even the first time! I needed to go upstairs in the building, shut the door in a hurry and in that millisecond realized I hadn't got the keys!!  :o Luckily my mother in law lives nearby and has our spare keys so I walked down there in my slippers praying that she was home! Thankfully she was! ;D ;D I hope 2019 bring a clearer mind to us all :)

Wishing you the best!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22310 on: December 20, 2018, 10:02:03 am »
How very kind of you to pop on farfallina. Like many others, I still make lots of your recipes.
Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the very best for 2019.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22311 on: December 20, 2018, 10:19:17 am »
Hi Farfallina, great to hear from you.  I think we are all doing things like that, it’s nice to know we are in good company.  Lucky you having your MIL living nearby.
Wishing you a joyful Christmas with family and friends, I’m sure nothing much has changed in your household and you will be cooking up a storm.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22312 on: December 20, 2018, 10:47:02 am »
Merry Christmas Farfallina , lovely that you popped by , made some of your fantastic recipes hope you pop in more .

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22313 on: December 20, 2018, 03:27:19 pm »
Hi Farfallina and A Merry Christmas to you.
I just used your recipe for Chocolate Soufflé for our dessert Christmas Day. It’s always a winner with everyone who eats it.

Jen, Merry Christmas and hope all is well with you.
Marina,  we don’t know how to avoid the Melbourne traffic exceptnotgo there.  When we have left early,  we have been caught up in an accident that has blocked the road for ages. 
Finally got Ral a Xmas present.  A Tile that you attach to your keys so you can find them and a thing you speak to who will tell you what the weather is like and other things.  Will get DS to set it up.
We’ve bought a Tile for our SIL for a Christmas present as he always losing his keys Chookie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22314 on: December 20, 2018, 10:10:51 pm »
Hi Farfallina, good to hear from you and best wishes for Xmas and New Year.

I had a similar 'locked out' experience recently, but I was locked in!  We were in the middle of our move and had quite a bit of stuff in a commercial storage facility.  I had to drop something off quickly, so grabbed what had to go into storage, checked the code number to enter the building and dashed to our unit ... only to find that I had left the keys in the car.  In the interim, the outside door had closed automatically.  The code number was in the car, on the other side of the now closed door ... my handbag was in the car ... my phone was in the car ... the only thing that was not in the car was me!  I knew that my DH was planning to drop some stuff as well and thought he would not be long.  Unfortunately, he didn't show up. I was locked in for 3 hours before someone eventually came - I have to admit, I have never run so fast for a door as I did that day!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22315 on: December 20, 2018, 10:20:50 pm »
You poor thing Marina, I’m glad you were finally rescued.  3 hours would have seemed much longer, more like a lifetime!

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #22316 on: December 21, 2018, 01:12:30 am »
Hi Farfallina, it's nice to hear from you and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Oh Marina how frightening for you, 3 hours is a long time to be locked in.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22317 on: December 21, 2018, 02:52:35 am »
Met up with a friend for coffee this morning.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22318 on: December 21, 2018, 06:16:26 am »
We found a kitten in a small pile of wood in the shead last night . Went to see if It was there this morning and could hear it in the roof I thought. DD and I drove to shops 1 hour away , in fact stopped at the physo and then parked the car at shops , we came back to our car to find four ladies looking at the tyres they informed us there was a distressed kitten tucked in behind the Brake disk above the tyre . They had called the Ranger and the police !! At this point I grabbed it by its tail and pulled it out . This is the cutest kitten . Box provided and a desperate plead to take it to the vet and it will be adopted. Truly I felt like a criminal , but the range pulled up as I was removing it , I did hear him say oh well you made my job easy . I decided it would be loved by handing it to one of the ladies as it was the kitten or the pet chicken . The good news is the police did not come . Another adventure. Before I left home I did check under the bonnet for it .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22319 on: December 21, 2018, 06:31:56 am »
Hi Farfallina, it's nice to hear from you and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Oh Marina how frightening for you, 3 hours is a long time to be locked in.
I must admit, I would not like to be held in solitary confinement ... as you say, 3 hours is a long time ... the 'novelty' of my stupidity wore off after about 10 minutes.  I didn't even have a book to read - I wandered around the faciilty and read all the notices, warnings, etc. but they weren't very interesting .... no hints or tips on how to escape if you were locked in!

K atie, you always seem to have so many things going on, I don't know how you keep up with everything.  Glad the kitten is safe and hopefully will go to a loving home.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.