Author Topic: Fruity Dream frozen fruit caused blades not to spin- overload? Have I broken TM?  (Read 8122 times)

Offline allthingscraft

• View Profile
Help - feeling stressed  :'(

Was trying to make 2 lots of the berry fruity dream to have ready in the freezer for tonight. Of course, when I had the Varoma demo there were no troubles.

OK first one was with frozen blueberries - my TM chopped the berries OK but couldn't spin once the egg white was put in. Made a noise like it was trying to spin but just couldn't. I waited a bit for the berries to defrost before finishing (note: as a newbie didn't try the spatula to 'help' that time)

So next time round I thought I'd try frozen strawberries - this time it wouldn't chop the frozen berries even before putting the egg white in. Just made the noise like it was trying to spin but couldn't. Looked like a frozen strawberry had wedged under the blades and stopped it. So took the fruit out and chopped the strawberries a little before trying again. Managed to finish the sorbet.

So my big question - have a broken my TM by causing it to not be able to spin?  ???

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Do your blades move now?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline allthingscraft

• View Profile
Yes the blades move now -  I just finished making QuirkyJo's cacao treat balls. Once I fiddled around with the frozen fruit in the bowl I was able to get the blades to move again.

Does it damage the motor when the blades get stuck like mine did?

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
No but if you have a frozen strawberry or piece of carrot or beetroot 'stuck' on one blade, it will make the TM shudder. It is best to free it so you can get it going and it will chop everything evenly. The not moving thing is when there are frozen pieces and no liquid to move it around hence why use the spatula to aid stiring add the egg white to the chopped fruit.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline allthingscraft

• View Profile
Thanks so much for the explanation Meagan. The dread in the bottom of my tummy has just disappeared.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Know how you would have felt allthingscraft - great for you that Meagan has set your mind at ease.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It can be quite frightening when those sorts of things happen for the first few times.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline wombat

• View Profile
The exact same thing happened at my varoma demo last week.  My consultant had it happen to him in my tmx and I also hoped that my machine was ok.  Apparently it is caused by waiting too long after you add the egg white and the egg white freezes. My machine has been fine ever since.