Author Topic: New kitchen, help with choosing appliances!  (Read 9505 times)

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
New kitchen, help with choosing appliances!
« on: November 17, 2012, 02:08:59 am »
I'm taking out all our appliances and starting again!

New oven, cooktop, fridge and range hood.

Thinking a freestanding 900ml oven.

Please give me any advice or recommendations on any if the above :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: New kitchen, help with choosing appliances!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:18:48 am »
Love Miele, expensive but fantastic. Everything you cook is perfect :)

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:43:51 am »
We didjust that 2 years ago and went with Smeg pyrolitic oven - love it to bits. Smeg induction cooktop - not so taken will go back to gas next time. Asko dishwasher - can fit loads in, cleans beautifully, bit noisy though. Panasonic convection microwave - nothing bad to say it is fantastic. Schwegan range hood - very quiet and very powerful - brilliant.

Hope this helps a little

Moptop
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 03:35:41 am »
We did a whole new kitchen 14mths ago, I went for Euromaid - ovens (2x single), rangehood, induction cooktop....I love them all and would reccomend them to anyone. The ovens are so even, cook evenly and if the recipe says 15min @ 180, that is exactly what it needs. Love love love my appliances. Kept my old dish drawers as I didn't want to get a dish washer - love my dishdrawers too.  :D
:D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 04:18:03 am »
Worked in building industry before babies and Miele was always the best, but very expensive. We replaced our horrible kleenmaid wall oven two years ago with a Blanco pyrolytic and haven't looked back. It is fantastic, temp spot on and cleans itself.  :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 06:29:14 am »
Oh, I want a oven that cleans itself. I cleaned mine this morning....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 06:34:11 am »
We recently re-did our kitchen and went with Miele appliances - fantastic.  As Hally says, perfect every time.

We went for a Liebherr fridge, which was expensive, but it has a separate Biofresh compartment which runs at 1 degree - so colder than the fridge but not as cold as the freezer.  We use it for dairy, meat, and some fruit and vegetables (doesnt work well on veggies with high water content, like tomato and cucumber, but is great for broccoli, carrots etc).  It has saved us heaps and heaps of money already be extending the life of the stuff kept in it.  Cream and milk last well beyond the use by date on the package, ham and cooked chicken last heaps longer, mushrooms dont go brown and slimy and the vegetables stay fresh for ages and ages.  Would highly recommend investigating getting a fridge with a similar feature - it is wonderful
Karen in Adelaide

Mama Fergie

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 07:18:45 am »
Don't buy an Ilve freestanding 900 ml oven.
I researched for months and chose this myself so I can't lay the blame elsewhere  :(
It's the worst stove that I have ever had.  >:(
I have had nothing but problems with it since we moved into this house 3 years ago and the problems are still not fixed.
I would go Miele next time for all my major appliances.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 07:52:06 am »
What are everyone's thoughts on dishwashers?  I strongly suspect that ours is about to die - I certainly hope so as it is useless - doesn't dry very well and I have to prewash and wipe most things before putting them in to wash
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 07:53:46 am »
Love my F&P dish drawers. Would not swap them. They are a bit expensive to start with tho.  :D
:D

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 08:18:52 am »
We have had a miele dishwasher for years, and I wouldnt swap it for anything.  Does a great job, economical on water, very quiet when it is running, and dries things really well - except for plastics, but I dont think thing dries plastics well.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 09:32:54 am »
Thanks guys, just the info I'm fishing for!  ;D

Thanks for the heads up on ilve, I've read in a few other places similar stories, it seems quite hard to find a decent 900mm unit!

We have the bosch sm...068 dishwasher, only purchased a few months ago, I searched high and low, and kept coming back to it, the cutlery draw is sooo good! Makes stacking it so much quicker!

They only had one miele inbuilt oven there, and it seemed to lack quite a few features of others (ie smeg), so had steered away a little.

Keep it coming! :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 11:07:59 am »
Miele dishwasher here 2, we built our house 2 1/2 years ago.

Washes & dries & its in our open plan area & you cant even hear it. Sometimes we have to check to see if its on!!, LOL

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 01:12:18 pm »
Normally I wouldn't choose a Fisher & Paykel appliance, but I love my two drawer dishwasher. Love my Bosch washing machine (front loader), but not keen on my Blanco wall oven, temperature is too hot.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:17:46 pm by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 01:42:47 pm »
My recommendation would be Miele ovens and induction cooktops. Enjoy your new kitchen!