Author Topic: Recipe Review - Mixed Nut Butter - Cooking for your Baby & Toddler  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Purtig

• View Profile
This was my first attempt at any kind of nut butter. It was easy to make, and tasty, but needed a lot more oil than was stated in the recipe. Mine is still probably a bit dry, but I got nervous pouring so much oil in! I did use the honey as suggested, but I also added a little salt, as this is for me and not a child. I'm not sure if processing it for longer would have a better result and negate the need to add more oil? I look forward to having this on ryvitas for lunch tomorrow.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:33:18 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Mixed Nut Butter - Cooking for your Baby & Toddler
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:15:00 pm »
I have made this once and I remember it being dry but it tasted good as my DH who loves peanut butter gobbled it up  :)

Offline Purtig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 05:52:23 am »
I ended up having it on toast this morning with sliced banana on top, and it was delicious!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:12:40 pm »
I have made various nut butters and I have found that indeed if you process for longer, it does become more liquid and therefore you wouldn't need more oil. 40 seconds doesn't sound long at all. Sometimes you have to process for a couple of minutes, wait for it to cool down, process again and repeat a few times to get a smoother consistency but I have not tried this recipe.