Author Topic: TMX Contest is now closed!... Do you know these WINNERS?  (Read 22102 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TMX Contest is now closed!... Do you know these WINNERS?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 02:11:14 am »
If there was 'a fiddle on' Gretchen - weren't we the lucky ones :D :D :D  You do wonder how these random prize winners work though - I didn't go in it to win a prize, as you said it was just to help out a fellow TMXer and winning was a bonus.
We were at a hotel many years ago and were about to leave when one of the workers who was always very friendly to us (probably because we used to go there with 2 blonde daughters & 2 blonde nieces which always drew him and the other male workers to our table with the excuse of saying hi to DH ??? ???) told us to stay put because they were just about to draw a voucher for free lawnmowing for 3 months.  Guess who won ;) ;) ;) DH is in a wheelchair so they obviously thought he needed it and I must say, after that I did give up mowing the lawns and got a contractor in.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 03:00:45 am »
Good to hear that you survived - now you can enjoy those poor wee salmon all by yourself  ;) ;) ;) ;)  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 03:30:24 am »
Wasn't that a wonderful surprise to win. People can be lovely. I have to admit I don't do lawns any more either. Too hot and too lazy.

Back to feeding the family.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 01:07:34 pm »
Mowing is over rated! There is much more satisfaction every second Monday night coming home and the lawns are all mown for me while I've been at work. The best $25 a fortnight I ever spend!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 02:02:13 pm »
Wow, $25 a fortnight ILB - I only pay $20 a month for a front and back lawn.  Does yours really grow that fast that it needs it fortnightly ???

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 02:58:52 pm »
it grows very fast!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 01:40:42 am »
I pay $30 for quite a large yard and in the "WET"it has to be mowed every week or we would be knee deep.

Gretchen

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 03:35:26 am »
I know how things grow up north Gretchen - lived in Darwin for 1970-1972.  The size of the termites and cockroaches amazed me and if you stuck a twig in the ground it grew into a tree almost overnight ;) ;) Not the same down here with lack of rain, although having said that our rainfall this winter was normal for the first time in years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 09:49:22 am »
The thought of a whole salmon is just amazing. It is something we don't have very often as it's over $30/Kg. The occasional small piece made into a quiche or something similar.
I hope you both really enjoy them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 09:58:17 am »
I didn't think it was a whole salmon Cookie1 - just a piece of it. Anyway, it will be a surprise whatever it turns out to be.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 10:17:41 am »
Oh. As you said whatever comes is a gift. Enjoy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 09:59:01 pm »
Oh my, oh my MY!!! I am reeling from all the attention these wee salmon prizes have received.  :o Truly, I am.  :o :o

First off I have to remind you that our Aussie friends won second and third prizes... these were meant to be 'small' packages of gourmet salmon (vacuum-sealed for shipping. This salmon http://www.seachangesavouries.ca/maple-glazed-smoked-salmon/ -  is provided by the same company that sends it up to the space station for our astronauts). In fact when I went to ship them today, I realized that at (100gr) they are just too small to send. :-[  These were meant to be token prizes, a wee thanks for two Thermomix comments received, but instead... whoaaaaa!  I feel like all of Australia is watching and all the neighbours will be there for a salmon party at Gretchen and Judy's ... and 100 grams of gourmet salmon is barely enough for three crackers!!  :-[   So what am I to do?  :-\  Poor embarrassed me  :-[ all alone up here in Canada. :'(  Well, I'm not completely alone.. I do have Bimby Billy here in town, and Valerie the Canadian Foodie in Edmonton, but they are little consolation... the embarrassment is mine and mine alone.

So......
We have to do better than originally planned.  :)  It seems we have to send enough salmon for an entire BBQ feast.  ;)  Great idea... fly some salmon down for all the Bimby users in Australia to get together for a fan feast BBQ.  :) :)  You can all get together, smack your lips and lick your fingers and thank us from afar.  ;) But sadly, I am but a lone woman with a keyboard and a blog  :-))  and I lack the funding to pull off such a stunt.  (Believe me though, the intent is there... and isn't it "the thought that counts" after all?)   ;D Hmmm. I will do the best I can. :)  I WILL send Judy and Gretchen more than the measly package of gourmet salmon that was offered as a prize. We will make it so that more than three crackers are on the plate when salmon flies in.  Maybe four or five.  ;) The cost is high, and though the salmon will still, after all this, be but a tid-bit, it's the love that counts.  :-* And there's plenty of love for you lot, coming from Canada these days.  :-* :'( :-*

xoxo
ThermomixBlogger Helene
(ps - someone here referred to me as 'TMB' .. I guess that means I'm in the club? Yipeee -- Thank you for letting me in the door!)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 11:56:35 pm »
Oh dear you make me laugh H. I nearly wet my pants. Don't worry about the prize my friend. I know that it is a real gourmet treat and much desired. Haven't tasted so wonderful a morsel since I was last in Vancouver some years ago. In fact 20 years ago and I can still taste it in my minds eye so to speak.  I will be more than pleased to receive such a generous ( not measly at all ) gift but no need to send anything really as I was more than pleased just to be asked to contribute and now to see my name up there on such a prestigious web site is about the ultimate for me.

If I had given my last name to you then I would have been inundated with.....  nay bombarded.... with requests for my services to the world wide web but if you can keep it a secret I will tell you. I know you will recognise it. NOT!!!!

Oh, someone on the Thermomix Forum thought we were getting a whole salmon. I nearly fell out of my chair. Now that would be something to see.  You would have to sell your house to pay the postage on that never mind actually buying such a thing.

However small, it is a taste treat to beat all others except maybe a maple glazed whole ham but I doubt I would have enough crackers for that one.

You are a hoot. That's what you are. Don't worry about it. I am sure Judy would feel the same way. We are both famous THERMOMIXERS now.

Still laughing my ass off. I wish!

Gretchen

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 12:33:59 am »
Funny TMB !!  Now girls - don't drop any on the floor !!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 12:52:23 am »
I agree wholeheartedly with Gretchen and would be thrilled to receive any tiny morsel thanks Helene.  We can't have a party with the others anyway, they are scattered all over Australia and in fact all over the world these days so as much as we would love that to happen, unfortunately it can't.  I received your PM first and didn't realise you had gone onto the forum with all this information so I had already told DH about it and how the forum members were all waiting with baited breath to hear about our prize and what we did with it so DH just said to tell them he ate it when I was out and therefore I didn't have a chance to do anything  ;D ;D ;D  He usually has a solution to every problem, bless him.   Don't stress over it Helene, we have had fun discussing it on the forum as you noticed and anything to make us laugh has to be good for us.  As far as being accepted onto our forum, you bet you are.  With open arms and loving hearts we accept all newcomers :-* :-* :-*