Author Topic: Whats your next cookbook?  (Read 77265 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Whats your next cookbook?
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2012, 08:41:24 am »
I try really hard not to buy any more cookbooks as I have so many already. But sometimes I can't help myself, and I succumb. I was in a news agency in Cleve on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia whilst on holiday, and a dusty book caught my attention. I put down the magazines and bought a(nother)  cookbook instead. It's called "Cook in Boots" by Ravinder Bhogal and has photos of sky high heels (that i could never wear) amongst fabulous photos of food. This book was a great companion on my long trip - I rationed myself so that it lasted for most of the trip, just reading a few recipes at a time. I really enjoyed it, and now every time I open it, I will be reminded of our trip to WA.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

mcmich

« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2012, 09:44:15 am »
Have you cooked anything out of it yet Sue?

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2012, 12:18:34 pm »
I got Teninas For Foods Sake today. Geez Louise! Wish I'd known tha as the firs book I should have bought. Heaps of recipes I'm going to be whipping up here. Now to decide what's first. Mmmmmm
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Mama Fergie

« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2012, 12:40:42 pm »
Someone gave me this book for Xmas 2 or 3 years ago.
I enjoyed reading it but gave it to my friend.
Tried a few recipes but wasn't really impressed

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2012, 01:58:28 pm »
What book was that MF?

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »
Snappy I gather it was FFS
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Mama Fergie

« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2012, 02:15:23 pm »
No CP it was Cook in Boots that I was referring too. Sorry I didn't make it clear as I had just read Emerald Sue's review without realizing someone had posted about FFS

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »
I LOVE for foods sake! Made the strawberry jam last night, the yellow curry paste today, umami tomorrow....I have made so many of the recipes in that book! It's an absolute winner. Gosh you'd think I was getting royalties or something. No affiliation, just like it a lot. I'm going to try the fudge tomorrow too. The yellow curry paste was lovely in a vege curry tonight with a tin of coconut cream, also in a batch,of mayo. Gives coleslaw a golden hue!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2012, 07:07:30 am »
No. I've been laid low with a cold and haven't felt much like cooking. I cooked salt and pepper squid for dinner tonight, but DH organised take away for the previous 2 nights. I'm hoping I'll get some time next weekend.  

Just realized that I forgot to press the done button last night, and this post wasn't sent.
I hope I have better luck with the recipes and don't have to pass this book on:(
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Mama Fergie

« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2012, 07:29:50 am »
ES the friend that I passed Cook in Boots onto loves it. She only has a few cookbooks and uses this one quite frequently.
I just found that as I have so many different cookbooks this one didn't offer anything new that I didn't already have in other books.
Rather pass it on and be loved and used than gather dust on my already overflowing bookcases.
Loved the photos  :)

mcmich

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2012, 06:03:23 am »
Got the kindle version of Yotam Ottolengli's "Jerusalem" - I love his middle- eastern cooking and already have "Plenty" the vegetarian book. Great ideas for lovely veges in this book and a bit of everything in Jerusalem. If you're not familiar with his food look at the Guardian newspaper online, lots of his recipes in the lifestyle section. Www.guardian.co.uk
I will have to give this a look. I do like vegetarian.
Asking a favour? Was wondering if if any of you that have Ottolenghi's book Plenty would mind posting or PMing me the contents please?
I can't seem to find it in the book shops and haven't been able to find the contents online. Thanks mich.

mcmich

« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2012, 06:39:07 am »
Thanks Julie.

mcmich

« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2012, 06:58:46 am »
Have just done that Julie. Love the contents and ordered the book.  :D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2012, 07:08:08 am »