Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8927016 times)

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #20745 on: January 09, 2014, 05:18:18 am »
sounds and looks delicious gert :D

today we made
Mrs Woo's banana cake
wholefood simply lemon slice
choc chip cookies
choc delight

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #20746 on: January 09, 2014, 05:31:00 am »
Brumington, it certainly sounds like you have stripped the blades i did the same thing last year but it was my fault for overloading the machine by making a double quantity of bread sticks even though I knew it was too big a quantity but I was in a hurry  :-[

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #20747 on: January 09, 2014, 06:16:17 am »
Brumington, it certainly sounds like you have stripped the blades i did the same thing last year but it was my fault for overloading the machine by making a double quantity of bread sticks even though I knew it was too big a quantity but I was in a hurry  :-[

Yes, absolutely, I think that's what's happened but I have no idea how. I was making the Vienna loaf which I make all the time so it can't be that. Is it that I've stripped them over the course of time by blending it first?

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #20748 on: January 09, 2014, 06:36:26 am »
I think CP has had this happen as well as others. This link may help. http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=12139.15
CP's comments are a little way through. Page 2 or 3 I think.

Thank you cookie for the link. I've now just had a chance to read it and I'm now even more miffed.

I can't fault HO for their service. New blades are on their way free of charge. My machine will only be two years old in April. But I, like CP, do not know how I've overloaded the machine.

I use it regularly but I'm not a huge user IYKWIM?  I'm still coming to terms with the fact that my main meals are quite literally useless and feel I cook much better the conventional way! I use my TMX as a tool with cooking rather than a tool for cooking. Yes, I grate cheese, I blitz a lot of ice I suppose (lots of juice but not really sorbet where there's loads of ice), I make bread......I don't know.....

I've joined a FB page called The road to Loving my Thermomix and her opening explanation as to why the page exists could have been written by me.  I think I found her just in time really! I was beginning to be brave and use it more for things I wasn't using it for. And now this.........

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #20749 on: January 09, 2014, 06:57:37 am »
brummington I've liked the road to loving my thermomix for a while now and I've found her to be very motivating, I was cooking/baking the same things over and over again but I've been trying to step outside the square so to speak :) and am slowly starting to get my mojo back I hope your blades arrive quickly and you can to xx

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20750 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:09 am »
The stripping of blades doesn't happen in an instant Brumington, it occurs over time I was told.  I stripped mine when I had a bowlful of chunks of pumpkin which I was going to cook then puree.  For some reason, I changed my mind and decided to chop it first and not long later I had stripped blades.  I was sure this was the reason as I usually follow recipes pretty closely but it was within the warranty period so new ones were given to me free of charge. That was 3 years ago.

I just press on now doing whatever I want to and making sure I don't overload.  If and when the blades go again it won't worry me in the least that I need to replace them as my machine has been a great workhorse over the years.  Having a second bowl is a godsend in cases like this, you lose no cooking time whilst waiting for new blades to arrive.  Having said that, I wouldn't like to be faced with the problem CP has with her blades - not sure how many she's had to replace.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #20751 on: January 09, 2014, 07:39:44 am »
One pair too many - in total I think I'm on to my 4th pair. I cook what everyone else here cooks, and the machine is used (now) approx 2 times a day  as I'mcooking ffor less people. I'll be even crankier if these don't last the distance.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #20752 on: January 09, 2014, 09:02:36 am »
HO told me stripping blades/blunting blades is the same.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #20753 on: January 09, 2014, 09:17:00 am »
HO told me stripping blades/blunting blades is the same.

Ah, right. I didn't mean to doubt you but what I was meaning to say was that the blade still feels sharp on my finger.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #20754 on: January 09, 2014, 09:42:58 am »
Yes I have nicked my finger on my blunt blades :(. Of course thinking they were blunt!
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #20755 on: January 10, 2014, 05:37:10 pm »
i have been making sushi since 2 am  :-)) its 4,30 now, why do i keep on saying yes when i get asked to bring some sushi
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #20756 on: January 10, 2014, 05:53:05 pm »
I was going to say you were up early Uni, say NO

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20757 on: January 11, 2014, 12:04:43 am »
i have been making sushi since 2 am  :-)) its 4,30 now, why do i keep on saying yes when i get asked to bring some sushi

Because you are too kind hearted and such a lovely person Uni  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #20758 on: January 11, 2014, 05:27:29 am »
You must learn to say no Uni.  The more you do for some people the more they expect.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #20759 on: January 11, 2014, 07:33:32 am »
Hally if the blades are stripped they won't turn so you can't use them anymore at all, I would have thought if they were blunt you could still use them but maybe not as effectively.