Author Topic: Chicken and Tarragon One-Pot  (Read 16083 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Chicken and Tarragon One-Pot
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 07:22:06 am »
Thanks for such a great review Suzanne, I'm really glad most of you enjoyed it! :D

No worries about the blonde moment lol ;)

Offline Chris R

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 10:27:36 am »
Yum definity on next weeks menu
Chicken and Tarragon One-Pot
Ingredients:
2 tbsp tarragon
30ml oil
500g chicken breast or thighs, trimmed and diced
1 onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 large zucchini, diced
750ml water
2 chicken stock cubes or equivalent TMX chicken stock concentrate
2 x 10cm peelings orange zest
200g risoni
100g frozen peas

Preparation:
1. Chop tarragon for 5 seconds/speed 8. If necessary, scrape down bowl and chop again. Otherwise, remove and set aside.
2. Add chicken and 15ml oil. Saute for 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. Chop onion and garlic for 10 seconds/speed 6. Add diced carrot and remaining oil. Saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
4. Add zucchini and saute for a further 3 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
5. Add water, stock, orange zest, tarragon and seasoning to taste. Heat for 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/reverse + speed 1.
6. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
7. Add risoni and peas and cook for 9 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
8. Pour into thermoserver, remove orange zest and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes to thicken.

Notes:
I converted this recipe from a Healthy Food Guide magazine, with just a couple of tweaks.
My chicken broke up a little bit in the saute process, but it was still in decent chunks at the end of cooking so I was happy with that.
My orange zest also broke up a bit so I had to fish around in the thermoserver after cooking. It might be alright just grated finely and left in the stew. I will probably try that next time.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 05:00:26 am »
will try this one Amy...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url