Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368823 times)

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #480 on: September 06, 2014, 11:39:01 am »
3 x Tmx Obbie? Or are you selling off?

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2014, 11:54:50 am »
It is much quieter

now that is not a bad thing  ;) I know a couple of people who have been put off buying a tm just because of how loud it is.
:D

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2014, 12:13:00 pm »
5 in sept? oh no.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 06, 2014, 12:18:45 pm »
I must admit, that is the one feature that could tempt me away from my ThermoChef. The noise of the machine in our open plan kitchen/family room is about the only thing I don't like about my machine. I already have a touch screen and the ability to cook without the blades turning. The extra size is neither here nor there as I find the existing jug large enough for my family, and if it is much larger I would find it difficult to lift a full jug with one hand. I'm not seduced by the automatic recipe chip as I rarely follow recipes to the letter, and the fact that it's a proprietary chip and not a standard USB puts me off too.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 06, 2014, 12:31:15 pm »
Well this has all been very interesting but I have seen nothing in the new model to tempt me. Rather the opposite, I don't like the chip, not sure about the lid locking system (its just another thing that can break), I agree with Maddie about the scales and theincrease in tempo and size of the jug ... meh.

Offline barek

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2014, 12:35:36 pm »
I am furious that the company did not tell me that a new model was imminent when I purchased mine only three months ago. I would have waited.  Whilst I love my machine,  I would have preferred to have been given the option not to buy one that was about to become obsolete.  

This has gone down like a lead balloon in the UK, where facebook pages are positively buzzing with indignation.

I think the company have done themselves a great deal of damage.

Were you under any pressure to buy one immediately? I don't think so. You always had the option to wait. If they had announced a new model 3 months ago, someone who bought it 4 months ago would have been just as furious as you, and so on. Upgrades are a fact of life. The only thing you can do if you're willing to wait, is to see whether a new model is likely to be launched.

If you buy an iPhone in August, you're likely to be disappointed when Apple has their regular announcement in september. The TM31 was released in 2004, and Vorwerk has kept a more or less consistent upgrade schedule of 10 years.

If Worverk had announced the new model a year in advance, they would have run into the "Osborne Effect", named after a computer maker that pre-announced their new product and then took a year to get it to market, and later went bankrupt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

The only people with a legitimate reason to complain are the people who have asked specifically about a new model and have been given the answer "no" instead of "we can't say" or "we don't know". They can rightly complain about misinformation and ask to have a refund or upgrade. If Vorwerk wants to keep their customers happy, they should honor their complaints.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:40:01 pm by barek »

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2014, 01:22:22 pm »
I've ordered mine  ;D  can't wait. I love lots of things about it. The little chips with recipes on are magnetic, so can stick to the fridge (wish all my cookbooks were on a magnetic chip cos they take up a lot of room). For those in tropical climates there's an anti cockroach mesh to stop them getting in the machine. Apparently the new butterfly whips up egg white beautifully. Sorbets in only 30 secs. you can choose half speeds. Temp goes up in 5 degree increments.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 06, 2014, 01:24:34 pm »
Look forward to hearing your review CP and Chookie.
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 06, 2014, 01:39:21 pm »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 06, 2014, 01:43:53 pm »
So far the lower noise is the big sell for me too. However, I really dislike the fact that Vorwerk chose to use the 'chip
 vs. USB therefore monopolising the market so that other (excellent) recipe authors can't contribute :/ Reminds me a little of the Android v. Apple saga.

I haven't said no yet, but I'm not wanting one as much as I thought I might have done, I'll have to book a demo to see for sure.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline barek

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 06, 2014, 02:25:20 pm »
So far the lower noise is the big sell for me too. However, I really dislike the fact that Vorwerk chose to use the 'chip
 vs. USB therefore monopolising the market so that other (excellent) recipe authors can't contribute :/ Reminds me a little of the Android v. Apple saga.

Agreed. I guess their plan is to do to recipes what Apple has done to Apps with the App Store with the new Thermomix Recipe Platform. Maybe they will allow third parties to sell recipes through the platform as well?

I do hope that they will offer some chip with wireless functionality as others have suggested, after all having such a platform without it doesn't make much sense. Once this wireless chip becomes available, it will be much easier for some tinkerer out there to figure out what kind of protocol they use and how to upload your own recipes.

Bonsai

« Reply #491 on: September 06, 2014, 02:41:05 pm »
I wonder why vorwerk wasn't more upfront about the new model and  decide to give potential buyers the option to get TM31 at a lower price or opt for TM 5 (rather like car yards do when a new model car comes out). Win-win for Thermomix buyers everywhere if they had done that - gets rid of old stock and no potential buyer feels cheated.
I'm not excited by the recipe chips - too controlling for me and doesn't really help new cooks get the feel for cooking either (if you follow the recipe on the chip and it comes out wrong you've got no idea what to do) - experimenting with cooking is part of the important learning curve - next time you don't burn the cake or undercooked the chicken! - just hope the recipes on the chip have been extensively tested, unlike many of the recipes in official cookbooks!

Another plus is that those owners who plan to upgrade are likely to sell their TM31 so there will be a lot of second hand machines on the market ready for those who would love one but can't justify the expense.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #492 on: September 06, 2014, 02:59:31 pm »
There are loads of machines on the market. Consultants have to sell 3 machines by end of September to pay for their new one. Or, 5 by the end of October. That's when the price goes up.

Getting very serious about re-training.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline anniebygaslight

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 06, 2014, 03:02:12 pm »
I wonder why vorwerk wasn't more upfront about the new model and  decide to give potential buyers the option to get TM31 at a lower price or opt for TM 5 (rather like car yards do when a new model car comes out). Win-win for Thermomix buyers everywhere if they had done that - gets rid of old stock and no potential buyer feels cheated.
Precisely.  Had I known, I would have waited.  Instead I have paid top dollar for an already out of date model.  All very well banging on about iPhones and the like.  We expect them to be upgraded regularly, but there wasn't so much as a whisper that an new model was imminent, like a matter of weeks away in my case.  Poor show in my view.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 06, 2014, 03:10:20 pm »
Yes I can understand that, it must make you very angry.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand