Author Topic: Recipe Review Chicken in Yoghurt  (Read 16508 times)

Offline wigwam28

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Chicken in Yoghurt
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »
Chicken in Yoghurt
From the Indian book
Tweaking
I only used 1 chilli, again I think I could have easily used the 2. I left out the fresh coriander as I don't like it at all. I only used 350g yoghurt as I felt that was enough. I used chicken breast cut into 2-3cm pieces.
We really liked this.  I served it with rice and Naan bread. We still had a lot of 'gravy' left so I quickly microwaved some pappadums and we used them to slurp the 'gravy'.

Score 4/5
hi, is there anyway someone could post this recipe as I have a very fussy 4 year old, and it sounds promising!!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 03:31:04 pm »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline wigwam28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 09:42:47 am »
Thanks very much - i might give it a go on the weekend!

Offline scottymag

• View Profile
chicken in yoghurt
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 01:59:53 pm »
hubby loved this one and is very fussy and a curry fanatic , nice to score a hit :)

Offline auds

• View Profile
Re: chicken in yoghurt
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 02:56:47 am »
just cooked this for dinner tonight.   It is sooooooooooooo watery.  I think 250g yoghurt would be more than enough. I thought that before I started but was using 800g of chicken so thought I might need the extra liquid.  I had to tip half the liquid out.  It was also pretty bland (again reducing the yoghurt might not dilute the flavours so much) I cooked it to the letter apart from reducing the chillis to 1 instead of 2 as 11year old son hates chilli.

Indian food is a big part of my life so I was looking forward to this :(  Hopefully by tonight the flavours may have developed a bit more.

I cant wait to convert my own recipes and try them in the beast.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 12:28:29 am »
Made last night

....but we didn't like it  :(
the coriander and yoghurt were too strong in flavour for our taste.
Won't make again.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 01:12:57 am »
I leave the coriander out Maddy (don't like it) and have reduced the yoghurt to about 350g.
I'm sure you have plenty of other things you can make instead of this. ;D ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 02:05:37 am »
we didnt like it either and I love yoghurt and coriander.  I made it in the morning and hoped by dinner the flavours would have come out more.

Youngest son liked it ok but he has no taste buds  :D 

I have a heap of indian recipes (bit of an Indian fanatic) cant wait to convert them.  After the chicken in yoghurt I was starting to think that maybe the TM wasnt suitable for me but thank god I made the Korma which was wonderful.   ;D

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:47 am »
Just shows the variation, for me the Korma is meh and this is spot on :)

Mind we leave the Chillis out.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 09:07:50 am »
Tarasis which Korma did you make?

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 09:55:08 am »
The one that is in the Indian cookbook, using Chicken.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »
I havent tried that one yet.  I did post the one that I make which I converted for the TM - have a look at it if you get a chance  :)

Offline Dane_Dudette

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 10:44:54 am »
This is going on the "Cook Me Regularly" list. A hit with the "i dont eat spicy food" 15 year old daughter and the "that B****y Machine is so noisy" thermomix hater husband, They were both impressed, as was I. I even made Nann bread from the Indian Cookbook, and that worked too. Next time I will divide the dough into about 10 pieces instead of the recommended 6, as they were huge and very thick by the time they cooked.
The Chicken in Yoghurt did have lots of sauce and I will try reducing the yoghurt a little next time, but lots of sauce, makes good use of the Nann Bread.
Loved It!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:24:47 pm by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 01:27:22 pm »
Don't worry Dane, my DH likes to be as far away as possible when I am using the TMX - I'd never be able to use it if we had an open plan kitchen/dining/lounge room.

Thanks for your review, why not pop over to the Home page and go into the Introduce Yourself section so that we can all officially welcome you to the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 09:15:33 am »
I don't use any chilly, using ALDI's frozen coriander and forvegetarian version using diced potato and peas (around 1kh in total).  Cooked 12 min in TMX then in slow cooker, 3 hours in high.  Turn out beautiful and perfect to feed the crowd.  I served it with jeera rice from Indian cook book.  Sorry no picture, all gone in no time.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.