Author Topic: It's officially official...  (Read 9987 times)

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
Re: It's officially official...
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 06:46:15 am »
Thanks everyone.   :-* :-*

I guess you just can't be prepared for the emptiness that descends.  :-\

I also think that the fact that my "baby" just started school has also added to that quiet house during the day.

I still have to get around to cleaning out the eldest's room... it's not messy or such... just the whole concept.  *sigh*

The younger children have intolerances (and the baby with his egg and strawberry allergy) but it just all seems so much simpler without the eldest's.

He's not in a communicating frame of mind yet.  We've rung twice to chat to him and he's okay to answer questions about stuff back here... but not fill in too much about his new home as such.  Hoping that giving him some space will help.

He asked me for a supply of Byron Bay gluten free curried lentil pies before he left... apparently I can't make those as well.   :P  Doubt he'll be able to source them in a mining town.  :-))
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

mcmich

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 08:42:06 am »
Ceejay, your son is feeling the separation as well as you. Boys aren't communicators.
You have younger children to direct your energy towards. Clean up his room and turn
it into something positive for the great kids you have at home.
He will be home for holidays and you will be able to indulge him then.

Offline trudy o

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 09:02:55 am »
Thinking of u Carmen. Know how u feel (in a whole different way lol) but just be grateful that he got the chance to leave home. Think of all the new recipes you'll be able to try now
Believe me the other children will get used to it ( they adapt easier to change than we do)
Cook up a storm. Give me a call anytime If u need a chat

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:14 am »
Hugs Carmen  :-*
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »
He may appreciate some food parcels. Although he won't say so.  You have done a great job getting  himTo this point.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:56 pm »
Here here!! What a journey it has been so far for you both...😃
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 09:23:15 pm »
Ceejay many on here are able to relate to where you are at presently. It amazes me that 1 child can take up 100% of our time therefore more kids can't take up anymore than 100%, however when one leaves home there seems to be a huge chunk taken from the whole and for a time we seem to operate in a world that can only be understood by a parent. The experience of dealing with a child leaving home is similar to watching that child learning to ride a bike for the first time  - they need both support and freedom.
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 09:59:36 pm »
So glad that this moment is a long way off yet... I know i will be hopeless like alot of mums when the time arrives...😔
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 08:04:16 am »
I'm definitely working on it.   ;)

I'll give him some space for a while though.  I guess it will take longer than a week too.  :-\

It won't stop the worry but I'm glad I have you all to bounce off.  Thank you.  :-* :-* :-*

Trudy,  Just love to you in droves.  I'll call when I can.  :-* :-*
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.

musingnmayhem

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »
CJ I have one DD 200 kms away and one 1300kms away. I don't know which is worse we have to check Facebook to know if the one who lives closest is still alive and the one that is furthest away calls and emails everyday with some little problem or "pickle" as she calls them. 

Eventually it just seems normal and so far they have both survived and do quite well for themselves.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 10:02:36 am »
Thanks Dashingden... I live in hope that he'll be just fine as well... I just worry out of habit I guess.  ;D

He finally called me today!!  Was good to hear from him off his own bat, even if it was just to ask how much he owed on his phone bill (It's a "big" one) and to tell me how he plans to pay for it.  I guess that's a step forward.  ;D

He knows he's welcome home whenever... he will just have to share with his baby brother who is four...  ;)

musingnmayhem

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 11:11:20 am »
Thanks Dashingden... I live in hope that he'll be just fine as well... I just worry out of habit I guess.  ;D

He finally called me today!!  Was good to hear from him off his own bat, even if it was just to ask how much he owed on his phone bill (It's a "big" one) and to tell me how he plans to pay for it.  I guess that's a step forward.  ;D

He knows he's welcome home whenever... he will just have to share with his baby brother who is four...  ;)

Good to hear that your DS has made contact Ceejay :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.