Author Topic: Chookie in Vienna  (Read 15446 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chookie in Vienna
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 12:51:02 am »
What a shame Chookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 08:51:37 pm »
Just a short note, as some of you have been kind enough to follow up on my earlier posting.  We arrived back in Australia last night and had no further dramas - except my DH got caught in a terrific rain / hail / thunder / lightning / wind storm in Bavaria two days ago and now has a terrible head cold.

We should be getting back to normal sometime soon (except that my body thinks it is still somewhere in Europe and I have been wide awake since 3.00 am this morning!).  Didn't have a chance to investigate any recipes, we were far too rushed, but I did get one interesting photo whilst we were in Prague which I will attempt to post as soon as I get myself under control.

Hope you continue to have safe and enjoyable travels, Chookie - it looks like we are all hanging out to catch up with all your recipes once you settle back down when you return home.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 06:25:33 am »
Cuilith,  hope DH is recovering and you are getting over your jet lag.  Last day in Bremen in Norway.  It is raining today,  one of the 220 day of rain that the locals get each year.   Yesterday, we ate at a cafe where we were the only non locals. Had Fish cakes, quite different to what I make at home.  The Americans said that they sound just like the crab cakes they make.  No potato,  just bound together with a little thick white sauce and covered with bread crumbs and fried.  We are looking forward to London,  where we hope to have lunch with Cornish Cream and her DH.  .   That will be so nice.  Will keep you posted if ipad co - operated.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 07:47:25 am »
Give Cornish Cream a big hug from me please Chookie.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:07 am »
Welcome home Cuilidh, holidays are nice but it is always great to be home.  Hope DH is well again soon.

Chookie, CC has been hanging out for your lunch meeting, it it is anything like ours it will be a wonderful experience for you both.
Hope you've set aside all afternoon - there will be plenty to talk about.  Don't forget to take the cherry ripes with you or have you eaten them  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 08:55:25 am »
Have a sgreat get-together Chookie & CC.  Wish I could be there with you both!!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:56 am »
I can't tell you how excited I am,we arranged the meeting months ago and I have been counting the weeks off ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 09:34:06 am »
Have a great time together - what a buzz, meeting on the other side of the world (well, for us Aussies it's the other side of the world, anyway!).
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 12:32:44 pm »
its got to make you pause and think how many other kitchen appliances can claim to bring people together???  :D Are you meeting for lunch somewhere or going to CC's house?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 03:22:05 pm »
Judy,these Cherry Ripes,  mustbethebest travelled in the world!!!!They have visited,  Capetown, Paris , Holland, Vienna and  have been on tour in Scandinavia.  And I am REALLYexcited to be meeting with CC.  I'm sure the boys will find plenty to talk about.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:08 pm »
its got to make you pause and think how many other kitchen appliances can claim to bring people together???  :D Are you meeting for lunch somewhere or going to CC's house?
We're meeting in London CP at a restaurant. ;D  I wonder if they will have a Thermomix in the kitchen :D :D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:38:23 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.