Author Topic: Recipe app for iPad?  (Read 24996 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Recipe app for iPad?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »
I hated Evernote. I deleted it in the end as I couldn't copy and paste recipes easily from here using Tapatalk and that's why I got Evernote in the first place as I hated Paprika for that very reason.
I forgot Twitterpated's tip to copy into Safari first. I'll have to re-download both and try again. I didn't really spend too much time learning how to use Evernote. It's probably good as it does sync across all devices.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline BecciM

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 12:29:03 pm »
I just screen shot a recipe when on my phone and load the photo into Evernote

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 12:37:12 pm »
I just screen shot a recipe when on my phone and load the photo into Evernote
That's what I ended up doing, but then you can't edit it. I always edit recipes to simplify them. I mostly have my recipes collated in a folder on my PC anyway. I copy them into Word and format them to my own liking. Heaven help me if my PC fails. Every single PC I've had has crashed!

Must back up to CD!! Must back up to CD!! Must back up to CD!! Must back up to CD!! Must back up to CD!! Must back up to CD!! Must back up to CD!!  ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 12:54:08 pm »
It worked!!! I took a screen shot & added the recipe to Evernote :) Thank you so much!!!
It would be great to be able to edit it, but I can live without it.

Offline BecciM

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 12:57:47 pm »
Glad to help SoBlessed, I am also happy with just collecting at this stage :)

You must back up megan! :)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 08:01:04 am »
Handy thread, I think I'm going to have to try Paprika as the app I kinda use feels like its all but been abandoned. (Neither Mac app or iPad viewer have had an update in ages).

Been debating about Tapatalk over just using Safari too. Ah if only Apple allowed trials easily.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net