Author Topic: What's your favourite muffin recipe of all time???  (Read 21778 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
What's your favourite muffin recipe of all time???
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:54:42 pm »
If you could only make one muffin recipe, what would it be, and what is so great about it?  Could be a morning tea muffin, or perhaps a savoury lunch muffin.

And if you couldn't make it yourself, what would you pay for it?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
Re: What's your favourite muffin recipe of all time???
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:54:19 am »
Raspeberry and white chocolate, but only if it's got lots of raspberries and white chocolate!!  I'd pay $4 for a fresh one :)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 02:54:58 am »
Raspeberry and white chocolate, but only if it's got lots of raspberries and white chocolate!!  I'd pay $4 for a fresh one :)

Ditto!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:59:14 am »
 ;D Double chocolate chip.
$3-$4 each.

my kids love them, and they are always a favorite of my friends when i bake them.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kath

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 07:53:21 am »
Pumpkin choc-chip. They are so good, and I would totally pay for them. I don't make the often because I really dislike peeling, steaming and mashing the pumpkin (its based on an American recipe where they have canned pumpkin at the supermarket), but its always worth it when I do.  :)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 08:23:32 am »
I have a FABULOUS raspberry, sour cream and coconut muffin recipe - it is my absolute favourite, and always gets rave reviews when I make it.  I have tried a couple of times to convert it to TMX, but have not been totally happy with the result.  If any raspberry muffin fans out there are interested, I am more than happy to post the conventional recipe, and see if someone has more luck with converting it to TMX
Karen in Adelaide

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:45:23 am »
Thanks for the ideas.

KJH - I'd post the recipe, including how you've tried converting it and what wasn't quite right about it.  Someone here will be able to help you nail it.

Sounds delicious.  There seems to be a raspberry theme here.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:02:25 pm »
LOL. I read it as what recipe base. Mine is a bastardisation of Nigella Lawsond banana bread. Makes a great base for all sorts of muffin adventures.

Specific recipe - I like Cindi O'Mearas berakfast gluten free Jam Muffins. Like a healthy donut.

I don't pay for muffins because I don't find they are as good as mine!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 04:54:57 am »
Either raspberry and white chocolate or fresh blueberry. I don't particularly like bought muffins as I have a DD who can make the most beautiful ones. I did enjoy a blueberry one in Bridge Road, Melbourne a couple of years ago at Stephanie Alexander's place.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 06:39:12 am »
I don't have a favourite muffin, I like them all and they are the easiest thing in the world to make aren't they.  I never buy something I can make myself, besides that they are way too big as are most slices of cake etc.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 07:03:14 pm »
Truly, I'm not too fond of muffins because, except for the mini-size, they are too large for me to eat at one time.
I'm a diabetic and even using part Splenda, an entire muffin is too much.

A few years ago I got a couple of the "Muffin Top" pans and I love them.  There is also no "doughy" centers, which is another quirk I have about muffins or cupcakes.

There is more "crust to crumb" ratio  with the muffin tops and they make terrific "sandwiches" for those that can eat that much and with the icing inside, these are less messy to wrap. 
I prepare banana nut muffin tops with chocolate ganache filling for a neighbor who trims my trees.  He won't accept money and he loves these things so I supply him with enough that he can take one in his daily lunch and have a few extras for evening snacks.
His wife works long hours and doesn't bake so she is happy with the arrangement.  (I bake angel food muffins tops for her.)
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 03:14:25 am »
Andie do you just use an ordinary muffin recipe for the muffin tops? I made some madeleines the other day and DH loved them because they were smaller and sort of crusty. I have a muffin top tin and could do those too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 08:58:57 am »
I have to admit to being ignorant - what is a muffin top tin?  I dont know what muffin tops are (apart from the type referred to in "Kath and Kim"  :D  a comedy TV show here for the non-Aussies on the forum)
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 09:55:40 am »
Hehe - I was wondering the same thing KJH.  ;D

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 10:58:00 am »
I just saw them at woolies in their bakewear section so have a look and it'll give you a good idea-must be fairly widespread to be in woolies. The base part is the size of a mini muffin but then there's lots of yummy overhang or 'muffin top' (think of a mushroom shape!) I'm sure there was a Seinfield episode about it that I saw in my teenage years!!
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)