Author Topic: 5 in 1 cooker - disaster!  (Read 24457 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Re: 5 in 1 cooker - disaster!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »
I have sent my 5 in 1 to the distributor. Awaiting response.

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 11:15:34 pm »
Courton I got my pc late may and I just couldn't get the pressure cooker to work, so they said it was the lid and sent me another one, still problems so had to send it back, all the time thinking what am I doing wrong, so phoned them and said I had sent it and keep it, guess it just wasn't for me. Well the boss man phoned me and tested my machine and couldn't believe it, he said that it was the first one he had seen in 2 1/2 years that was faulty, and then convinced me to get another one, which he opened up and tested it for me before he sent it to me, so now July and I have my 5 in 1 now and yeh it works, still learning, and I still like my slow cooking, but have had good results so far. Hope all goes well for you  I can guess how you must be feeling  :)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 11:29:54 pm »
 :)I agree. After that fiasco I would rather have my money back

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 12:19:16 am »
Does anyone else find their 5 in 1 very hot on the browning function? I need to turn mine on and off as it gets too hot, spits liquid out and catches on the bottom particularly if I'm trying to reduce a sauce at the end of PC cooking time. I still love it but would like to be able to regulate the heat a little more, maybe I should try the stainless steel bowl which has a thicker bottom.

Obbie and Maddie - sorry I forgot all about posting the curry recipe, I'll write myself a reminder to do it tonight.

mcmich

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 12:37:26 am »
I haven't found that Wonder. I brown with the lid open and haven't tried reducing liquid following cooking.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 12:43:23 am »
Thanks Michele. The browning before hand works really well but I find that if I switch it to brown after cooking it's far too hot.

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 01:25:29 am »
Well the boss man phoned me and tested my machine and couldn't believe it, he said that it was the first one he had seen in 2 1/2 years that was faulty

mmm I hope you not talking about the New Wave 5 in 1, I have had mine for about 12 months and it took me 4 to get one that work correctly ( yes 4 I am amazed I was so patient! ) the manger spoke to me and asked me what they could do seeing I have had so much trouble, they sent me a pizza maker as well for free, I do love both the pressure cooker and the pizza maker ( esp the pizza maker ) BUT I believe that the pressure cooker has a very limited life, next time round I will buy a "brand" name one or maybe even a non electric one, they seem to last a lifetime!

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
You are patient deau! 4 attempts!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 01:34:41 am »
I have had no problems with our 5 in 1 :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 01:34:49 am »
i am going to put an add on gumtree

in the swap section,  thermomix lessons for pressure cooker lessons. what do u ladies think ,will I
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 02:25:50 am »
Great idea Fundj. I think you will be hooked once you see how quickly you can cook things and how easy they are to use - not scary at all. My kids (12 and 17) love opening the release valve and watching the steam come out, if I want it to release naturally I have to stand guard while the timer is counting down it's last few minutes a keep them away. Normally as soon as they hear the final beep they are rushing to see who gets to move the release valve to open.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 02:27:30 am »
Great idea Uni, bartering, why not..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012, 02:37:28 am »
i do have a stove top pc and i have read that once it reaches the right temptation you need to lower the heat

my stove elements hold heat very well once turned off , i can cook pasta with the element off, i put the pasta in let it come to the boil and i trun it off and it will cook
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 04:37:40 am »
Is that NewWave pc made by the same people who made the disastrous Bellini?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2012, 04:59:13 am »
Judy, it's made by the thermochef people I think.