Author Topic: Best Ever Poached Eggs  (Read 27656 times)

Offline rjsj

• View Profile
Re: Best Ever Poached Eggs
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 09:26:21 am »
yes the water doesnt touch the buttom of the basket

Thanks for testing out for me fundj!  Love the added pic as well.  I have not become sophisticated enough to work out how to add a pic yet, but glad others have benefited from this.  xox

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 11:04:27 am »
thanks Rjsj, what a great idea!

I will be definitly be trying thins in future.  Poached eggs feature regularly in my Saturday morning cooking, I do have some success due to having my own hens and therefore really fresh eggs (the whites are more gelatinous and stay together better), but I love the idea of poaching in Clancy (tmx) as you don't have to stand over and watch.  Thanks again.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 01:43:49 am »
These are fantastic and so easy.  Thanks for the recipe.  :)

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 10:36:35 pm »
Hi all, well just tried therein my TC, and they were wonderful (just sort of add a note for other TC owners)

Thanks so much, I figured I could do it in there but wasn't sure on time. I set it for 8 mins and had put boiling water in to save time and then decided I might consult the forum. (only got my machine Xmas day and have cooked two days)

I stopped it at the 4 1/2 mins mark and they were perfect. Thanks oriwouldhave def had hard boiled (although it is easy to watch the so i was already wary of that).

We love poached as they are notin any oil. I used metal eggs trays I have from my Amway poaching saucepan. Just sprayed the bottom. Great. They steaming that too, but you any see the thru the lid and have to guess the time.

Was so quick and I had confidence in it which was the best bit. Had too do 3 batches in e end as everyone ended up wanting more. 2 then 4 then 3 more heheheh.
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 10:44:32 pm »
Thanks Lilli for reminding me I also have some of those stainless steel poaching cups from my 45 year old set of Westminster saucepans which no longer get used now I have the TMX.  Now that I think of it, they would make great little pudding cups too - ahh, the things we have in our cupboards that we have forgotten about  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 11:36:27 pm »
Yeah I know... We have been doing them oater with a bit of vinegar for ages, but sometimes I scoop out the water and get soggy toast. So this remedied that. And they are good littl cups. Would be great fora rich chic pud that you don't need much of!
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 04:54:48 am »
 :) Judy we still have some of those stainless steel  cups.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 06:21:28 am »
Then you are older than I thought you would be Robyn  :D  I got mine when I was 20 years old.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 09:30:08 am »
Mine are stainless too.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 12:13:31 pm »
I make poached eggs in a small frypan with water and vinegar. I use egg rings and grease them. Never thought to try the TM.

The ONLY thing to have with poached eggs IMHO, is Hollandaise, wilted spinach and smoked salmon! I know what I'm having for breaky tomorrow...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 02:00:33 am »
We made these this morning risk and hubby thinks they are the best poached eggs he has had - no taste of vinegar and no residual water on the toast.

It's the only way we will be cooking them from now on in this house

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 12:02:47 pm »
Yeah, the no water on the toast is great, and no vinegar taste ( if you did have any residual water/ vinegar). Hubby loved them, but won't learn the TC ( so far) and prefers to make thm his way ( made me some on toast for my bday yest, and they were perfect) , he thinks there's more clean up with the TC. I like being able to do 4/6 or whatever at once, and do the toast etc with the kids all around, and not have a risk of over cooking them etc.

Suits me Dow to the ground. Makes thm a very easy choice, and healthy for th kids!!!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 12:46:01 pm »
I made these this morning and I have to agree that 3 mins would be ample as ours were a little overcooked - maybe as they were room temperature eggs. The recipe doesn't seem to say what speed. I used speed 1 - does it really make a difference what speed you use?

Also, could you use the varoma instead to make more if have others sharing breakfast?

Will be making again in future.

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 01:19:07 pm »
I think I've got some of those poaching cups too, Judy. What a great idea.... Like dariole molds???

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:42 pm »
Oops still getting used to tapatalk and have absolutely no idea how I did that face!! Didn't mean to do anything. Now to try and figure it out!