Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273771 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2014, 06:47:57 am »
My consultant told me the same thing and said they believe it's going to be so they can do updates in the future.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2014, 06:57:53 am »
I can see a huge demand for spare bowl sets when released.  Having been fortunate to have had 2 bowls with my 31 for a long time I had forgotten how often you wash up when having a cooking burst.
Denise

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:03 am »
Apparently the price of the T5 will go up $100 on Nov 1st.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: TM5
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2014, 11:02:33 am »
My consultant told me the same thing and said they believe it's going to be so they can do updates in the future.
That's very interesting. ...I wonder how updates would be done?
Wifi? An update chip?  Or plug in?
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2014, 12:00:54 pm »
Price rise is $100. Will be on the website on Tuesday apparently.

And now the wait is 6-8 weeks for a TM5. Too many orders around the world and can't keep up with production. Customers will be getting emails about it.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2014, 02:34:33 pm »
Apparently mine has been sent yesterday, so I'm assuming Monday/Tuesday will be delivered.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »
I don't know if I'm dreaming but T5 doesn't seem to need wiping down as much
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2014, 04:20:50 pm »
I am a little bit sad to hear about the delay. The money was deducted from my CC last weekend so I had hoped that would mean a speedier delivery. Ahh well.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2014, 10:27:43 pm »
Won't be getting mine till after Tassie.  Enjoying all the reviews.  Thanks to all for posting.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2014, 10:34:58 pm »
updates via a app, i was told.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2014, 10:42:22 pm »
My friend who is a consultant posted earlier on FB that stocks are getting near depleted! I've asked for more info as I ordered mine on 18th Sept and was hoping it would be waiting for me when I get back from Hawaii, which is 19th Oct. I won't be a happy camper if it is the case. I can wait an extra week or two but if they have to be imported (along with the seals and BBL that apparently aren't arriving until November) I'll be cranky.
Kylie

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2014, 12:48:48 am »
Here is what will be happening chip wise. No doubt they will add in app purchasing if not a monthly subscription. Nother moneymaking thing and Vorwerk  is now entering into the modern way of marketing. Who knows they may even open actual stores where you can purchase, shop for whatever extras, have cooking lessons and speak to a consultant . Good grief imaging that!

http://thermomix.vorwerk.co.uk/whats-new-2015/

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2014, 02:12:00 am »
That is interesting Gert. It does seem to be cutting out your local consultant though. I wonder how they get their ongoing income? I have made a pact with myself to try and find ways of sending business their way...as ii want to keep them going as long as that is what they want taste well.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2014, 02:16:38 am »
Some errors so far. No doubt more wil be discovered as soon as more experienced people receive their books and chips.

2. October 2014 - 8:13

Thermomix in Australia
Thermomix in Australia's picture
Hi everyone,

If you have obtained the Basic Cookbook and Recipe Chip, here are the notes to accompany. The below are notes on discrepancies between what is printed in the cookbook and displayed on the recipe chip.

Recipe Chip

Meat stock paste (pg. 64):

The quantity of red wine to use is stated as 30 g on Recipe Chip. For the best results, we recommend increasing the quantity of red wine to 120 g red wine as per the Basic Cookbook. ‘The recipe will work with both quantities of wine, the paste will simply be drier in consistency when using 30 g red wine as per the Chip.’

Chicken stock paste (pg. 66):

The quantity of Mixed white roots and vegetables is listed as 200 g on the Recipe Chip. We recommend increasing the quantity of mixed white roots to 300 g as stated in the Basic Cookbook. The recipe will work with both quantities of vegetables, the paste will simply be drier in consistency when using 200 g vegetables as per the Chip.

Meatloaf with mushroom sauce (pg. 136-138):

Switch to manual cooking mode after adding final sauce ingredients and cook 2 min/80°C/Reverse/speed 1. The sauce will still work without the final cooking time it will simply be a thinner consistency.

Herb and garlic pull-apart (pg. 228)

To reserve the buttermilk from your butter to use in other recipes, strain your butter at the end of step 2. (Cookbook and Recipe Chip)

Home-style sponge cake (pg. 316)

Please insert butterfly before adding your cream in step 8. (Cookbook and Recipe Chip)

Thermomix Head Office
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2014, 02:26:29 am »
Thanks Gert, hopefully a letter will be sent to all new owners as I'm sure they are not going to check here before they make a recipe. Not a good start  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.