Author Topic: I've broken my Thermochef butterfly  (Read 17334 times)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: I've broken my Thermochef butterfly
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 06:13:40 am »
OMG I wish HO would throe in a second bowl for free  ;D
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 07:47:41 am »
Yes. I got a bonus jug when I bought mine. It's so handy to have a second one, especially if you have forgotten to grate the cheese and you are halfway through a recipe. Or when ive burnt custard on the bottom of one jug, i can let it soak in bicarb and vinegar overnight, and still continue to cook using the spare one.It's also handy when making my chocolate pavlova as I can grate the chocolate in one jug, and then swap to a clean, dry jug to whip up the egg whites. I find that my second jug is often in use rather than lurking in the cupboard.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline nola276

• Fishing, Caravanning, Painting and now Cooking.
    • View Profile
    • Watercolour Walkabout
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 09:03:55 am »
Yep, the second jug is great.  I had to buy mine as I didn't get the deal they were doing before Christmas.  Still at $90.00 it was pretty good value.
Cheers, Nola.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why it's called the present.
My Blog: http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:01:09 am »
My new butterfly arrived on Monday along with clear instructions on how to insert it properly. Yay!
I'll try making butter again when I get home from holidays. I did try and make butter without the butterfly. It sort of worked, but the buttermilk didn't separate as well as when I used the butterfly. I did end up with butter, but it was much messier as I had to use my hands to squeeze out some of the buttermilk. Then to top it all off, I was experimenting with my recipe for chocolate raspberry brownies for the Taste competition when I knocked over my buttermilk. It went everywhere - on the floor and under the Thermo Chef. Uggh.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 04:11:26 am »
ES, I always get myself in a real mess when making butter - especially if doing multiple batches. The mess has to be seen to be believed.  I like to use my hands to squeeze the buttermilk and subsequent water rinses out otherwise it all sticks to the gaps in the steaming basket and I feel I waste too much.  I can't say that I enjoy the process but if I can get cheap cream, I do it more for economics than pleasure. :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.