Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9029158 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1995 on: November 09, 2009, 04:27:29 am »
We had pizza pockets last night and I made custard for the leftovers of the apple pie. Also 5 seed bread and I'm sure there was something else.  Using the machine has become second nature now and I really have to think what I've made, especially if it's not a new recipe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #1996 on: November 09, 2009, 07:26:55 am »

Spoken like a true consultant - only joking  :-* :-*  I have access to it through the Italian and Spanish versions online and for me it is a useful book, but many have said that they food seems weird and not to our tastes - strange combinations.

Ha ha!  I've had a couple of people say that to me too, then when they see all the things I make out of it, they want it too!  I don't think YOU would find them weird, Thermomixer!!   :-*
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1997 on: November 09, 2009, 09:03:20 am »
Not weird for me !!  That's for sure - I'll try almost any combination.  had to laugh at some of the recipes from the 1980s that I was looking at yesterday - really weird, but probably cutting edge at the time.  there is one recipe that i hope to try and convert - sounded strange, but think the result will be good.

I should bite the bullet and have a Varoma demo - just need to find those elusive friends.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 09, 2009, 02:38:12 pm »
You only need two friends Thermomixer, surely you can inflict it upon your staff manage to get your staff to do you a favour in return for "normal" food lol  ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 09, 2009, 04:11:45 pm »
More coleslaw (and I still have 1/2 a cabbage left  :o )
Strawberry Foam
Mashed potato

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2000 on: November 13, 2009, 01:47:33 am »
You only need two friends Thermomixer, surely you can inflict it upon your staff manage to get your staff to do you a favour in return for "normal" food lol  ;D ;D ;D

Troooooo.  I am going to help a freind's sister (who has become a demonstrator) do 2 demos in a few weeks - may have to talk to her about a demo.

Going away to Sydney for the weekend and not much cooking this week - will report back once we get cooking.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 13, 2009, 02:04:36 am »
I am going to help a friend's sister (who has become a demonstrator) do 2 demos in a few weeks - may have to talk to her about a demo.

She will love you!! There is nothing like a raving fan at a demo to sell the TMX for you  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 13, 2009, 06:15:06 am »
I've restocked the biccy barrel with Christmas shortbread, made some more strawberry jam and bread. Tonight is a vegie quiche.
Last night we had a smoked salmon pie. I will post the recipe if I can remember the times and speed as I didn't write them down. I made a big pie but it would make lovely little ones to serve as an entree.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #2003 on: November 13, 2009, 10:31:19 am »
That pie sounds very nice Cookie.  I am always looking to do more with smoked salmon.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 13, 2009, 11:07:12 am »
It's so easy using the TMX. Will post the recipe asap. May be after the weekend as DD will be using  her computer to work on her thesis.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #2005 on: November 14, 2009, 07:22:50 am »
I made the EDC vanilla ice cream and JulieO's chocolate ice cream, but churned them both in an ice cream machine.
They are both divine and later I will whizz up some berries to make a coulis to go with them.
They are to follow the salmon and prawn salad which is main course.
Too bloody hot here to do much cooking!! :o
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 14, 2009, 08:31:30 am »
I've made strawberry jam, muesli bars, tomato passata is cooking at the moment, and we're having mushroom risotto for dinner.  And more than likely Chocolate Custard for dessert.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 14, 2009, 11:14:25 am »
Yesterday I had boiled eggs and toast for lunch.   Toast made from my TMX bread and eggs boiled in the TMX.  Have not done them this way before and they were absolutely perfect.   I can see myself boiling eggs a lot more frequently now.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 14, 2009, 11:34:16 am »
Me too Katya, hardly ever boiled eggs but now it is so easy in the TMX we are completely sold on them.  Even had to go out and buy egg cups as I had none!!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 14, 2009, 11:43:32 am »
Yesterday I made lasagne using recipe from EDC, with a couple of minor changes.
Thermomixer you will be happy to note that I sauteed the onion, garlic & carrots in the TM,(didn't have any celery).  After the initial 100 C temp, I used varoma temp which made the onions really nice and golden and cooked well, was impressed.  For the tomato puree I whizzed a can of chopped toms in the TM to make lovely smooth puree.  I also added a heaped tsp of sambal to the sauce, and instead of adding a tsp of sugar(always add to tomato dishes), I put what was left of a bottle of home made tomato sauce in too.
I used a recipe of mine for the bechamel sauce which just makes enough for one layer in the middle of the lasagne, and another layer on top.  I found that it hadn't thickened enough, so put heat up to varoma for a couple of mins which thickened it up lovely.
It made for a nice tasting lasagne that the whole family really enjoyed.

Today I converted a recipe from BH & G's Fast Ed.  Cinnamon Babka (plaited sweet loaf with raisins and a crumble top) that he made last week.  Was a bit of messing around with me saying I wouldn't bother again, but the finished product was very nice.  I think I'll have another go on a cooler day when it's not 40 C, and if I'm happy with it I will post on here.

Also converted a tomato relish recipe and made it, but it has turned out quite thin, not the thickness of when I made on the stove top. So that needs tweaking too  :-))  Still tastes good though.  :)

It's going to be 43 tomorrow, so something simple I think.  ;)