Author Topic: how could i make this bannoffee pie  (Read 5623 times)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
how could i make this bannoffee pie
« on: December 19, 2008, 12:48:44 pm »
okay my friend has converted a banoffee pie recipe but ended up having to melt the chocolate in a saucepan!!!! and then added it to the rest of the ingredients that had been prepared in the TM
I figure you shouldnt have to do that, but cant think of a way to do the whole lot in the TM
any gurus out there got any suggestions

Chocolate Banoffee pies

250g chocolate digestive biscuits

180g Unsalted butter

1 tbs Dutch cocoa powder

½ cup brown sugar 100g)

395g condensed milk (can)

75g melted chocolate, melted

1 tbs golden syrup

300ml thickened cream

2 small bananas sliced

Finely crumb biscuits in food processor.  Melt 80g buter and add to crumbs with cocoa.  Process to combine.  Press into six 10cm loose-bottomed tart pans.  Chill for 20 mins until bases are firm.

Place sugar and remaining butter in a pan over low heat, stirring until butter has melted.  Add condensed milk and stir over low heat for 5 mins or until mixture is a thick, golden caramel.  Remove from heat, then add chocolate and golden syrup stirring to combine.  Fill tart shells with caramel mixture, smoothing tops with a palette knift.  Chill for at least 1 hour to set.  Whip cream when ready to serve and top tarts with bananas and cream.

OK, I processed digestives, tipped mixture out.  Melted butter in TM and then added biscuits and cocoa on speed 1 to combine.  Made up tart shells.  Then I melted butter and added sugar in TM and slowly drizzled in the condensed milk, cooked at 80 for 5 mins on speed 3 or 4, then spooned in golden syrup and melted chocolate.  Let me know if you can think of another way of doing it? 

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: how could i make this bannoffee pie
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 12:50:27 pm »
you could possible put the varoma base on top and then sit the chocolate on top of the hole in teh lid and let the warmth melt it but TBH if you're going to dirty that bowl anyway i would microwave it ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:54:59 pm »
I'd be inclined to start by chopping up chocolate and then placing aside. 

Do biscuits/cocoa as you did and the rest but just add milled chocolate - it should melt pretty quickly in the mix.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 03:12:12 pm »
I have the recipe in my book to make the Dulce de Leche, which I think is the caramelly lovely gooh in Bannoffee Pie.

1 litre milk
130g sugar
120g brown sugar
200g cream
1/2 teaspoon bicarb

Place all in THX and program 50 mins, Temp Varoma Speed 5. Place basket on lid to allow it to evaporate without spitting.
When finished, quickly pour into jar and leave it to cool. When it cools it will be nice and thick. Keep in the fridge.
Can be used on cakes or as filling, or on pancakes.
The photo in the book looks delicious. I would like to give the banoffee pie a go.

How about pastry base with soft bananas in bottom, dulce de leche on top, and piled high with whipped cream?
What do you reckon? Should the bananas be on the top, or how about putting them in the dulce de leche a minute before it finishes on speed 1? Does anyone have an idea? I can't really remember how Banoffee Pie is, I do remember how amazing it tasted though!!! ;D Anyone fancy experimenting this one? ???
Amanda

Spain

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 05:26:29 am »
Bron, I think I put on 2kg just reading about that. I can just imagine having that in the fridge and putting it on icecream and pancakes and.......................everything!!!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:54:42 pm »
Oh Cookie. I know! Well today have made the Orange Meringue Pie and taken photos....before the kids get to it! Will try and upload it later! And then try Banoffee Pie next weekend! But yes the dulce de leche looks amazing in the photo in the book! I bet it would be lovely on crumpets too!
Amanda

Spain