Author Topic: Jus  (Read 11473 times)

Offline Dene

• View Profile
Jus
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:05:25 am »
Does anyone have a recipes for making Jus?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Jus
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:16:32 am »
This one from vogue.com.au by Kinesis sounds easy enough to convert Dene

OK I have a recipe - but be warned, this is NOT healthy. LOL.

- Finely chop a couple of shallots and gently fry them in some butter until soft (you can substitute spring onion, or if you'd prefer, skip this step altogether).

- Add about a cup of decent quality red wine

- Bring to the boil, then take the heat down to a slow simmer

- Simmer uncovered for around 15 mins, or until the volume has reduced by half to two-thirds

- Now, get some unsalted butter. Cut it into rough tablespoon-sized squares. You'll need a minimum of 3 tablespoons; to make it really rich add 6-10.

- Add the butter, one tablespoon at a time, and whisk vigourously while each lump melts. Allow each lump to fully melt before adding the next.

- Once the last lump has been added, take the jus off the heat and season with salt and pepper.

This is a great sauce to accompany rich red meats, such as venison, or fillet steak 

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:27:25 am »
I have made jus in the TM cooking at varoma until reduced to the right consistency. I adapted the jus recipe in Nico's big cookbook will see if I can dig it up.
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 07:11:22 am »
You can make jus by just boiling down stock and red wine that is not too salty to start.  Basically if you have made beef stock ( and DON'T add salt when making it) and strain it into the TM bowl & cook on Varoma temp and speed 2 or 3 until it thickens to the desired consistency.

You can add flour and /or butter depending on what you want.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.