Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8991006 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #930 on: June 25, 2009, 06:01:18 am »
This morning I have cooked Nico's Thai Chilli chicken, Bron's steamed garlic rice and my Goulash soup in preparation for my house guest who arrives just in time for tea tonight.

What a lucky house guest! Yummo!!! And for dessert . . . .
Chelsea  :)
Going to put on some mocha custard whilst we are eating so that she can see how clever the TMX is and how little is the effort on my part.  Non-TMX owners have to stand at the stove stirring, ha ha ha
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:29:11 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #931 on: June 25, 2009, 08:00:49 am »
Going to put on some mocca custard whilst we are eating so that she can see how clever the TMX is and how little is the effort on my part.  Non-TMX owners have to stand at the stove stirring, ha ha ha

That's right - sink the boots in while you've got her down !!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #932 on: June 25, 2009, 12:08:46 pm »

Going to put on some mocca custard whilst we are eating so that she can see how clever the TMX is and how little is the effort on my part.  Non-TMX owners have to stand at the stove stirring, ha ha ha

Mocca custard sounds divine!!!  :D

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:42:48 am by Thermomixer »

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #933 on: June 25, 2009, 12:15:02 pm »
Thanks ILB.  Yes I have a thermosaver (love it!).  I think the problem was definitely overcooking plus the fact I was trying to be too smart for my boots and convert a recipe I'd read in a magazine earlier in the day.  If I follow proper recipes, I usually do alright. I made my spinach and rice pie again today to take down to DD No. 2 for lunch when vegetarian DD No. 1 arrives from Melbourne on Friday for DH's 60th on Saturday. I managed to convert that one OK but from now on for risotto, will only follow a recipe.

That spinach and rice pie sounds yum JD.  You have some very lucky kids  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:43:33 am by Thermomixer »
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 26, 2009, 06:27:09 am »
Just made the choc. macadamia shortbread from Tenina's steamoven site.  Can't wait to try it - looks delish.  Didn't have any macadamia's so I went with hazlenuts and peanuts.  Fingers crossed it will still taste ok.  Now I'm off to make some mashed potatoes to go with the lovely beef and guiness left-overs from last night.  A good winter warmer dinner!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 26, 2009, 09:31:26 am »
This morning I have cooked Nico's Thai Chilli chicken, Bron's steamed garlic rice and my Goulash soup in preparation for my house guest who arrives just in time for tea tonight.

What a lucky house guest! Yummo!!! And for dessert . . . .
Going to put on some mocha custard whilst we are eating so that she can see how clever the TMX is and how little is the effort on my part.  Non-TMX owners have to stand at the stove stirring, ha ha ha
My visitor loved her meal and is amazed with the TMX - the thing that really knocked her off her feet though was the price :D :D :D :D That always gets them :o :o :o
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 26, 2009, 12:30:03 pm »
The price does shock people.  I'm sure some of our family and friends think we have lost the plot to spend so much on a kitchen appliance.  It's strange because I don't think they would have blinked an eyelid if we had of bought an enormous TV or had an extravagant weekend away.  It is nice to show off all the same.  We are having some family for lunch tomorrow and I am just about to sift through my printed forum recipes to plan the perfect "show-off" menu! - Bliss!!!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #937 on: June 26, 2009, 12:49:15 pm »
i worked out it's about 36c per use for me - and dropping every day :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 26, 2009, 03:58:10 pm »
The price does shock people.  I'm sure some of our family and friends think we have lost the plot to spend so much on a kitchen appliance.  It's strange because I don't think they would have blinked an eyelid if we had of bought an enormous TV or had an extravagant weekend away.  It is nice to show off all the same.  We are having some family for lunch tomorrow and I am just about to sift through my printed forum recipes to plan the perfect "show-off" menu! - Bliss!!!

Thats so true Chelsea, a big TV, a set of tyres or a computer.........no questions......but a "Kitchen gadget"?????  I don't get why people don't get the investment.  They will happily stay on blood pressure medication for years or put up with a bloated feeling & not bother doing anything about resolving it.......apart from sit in front of the enormous TV or big computer & forget their ills!!!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #939 on: June 27, 2009, 02:02:21 am »

Thats so true Chelsea, a big TV, a set of tyres or a computer.........no questions......but a "Kitchen gadget"?????  I don't get why people don't get the investment.  They will happily stay on blood pressure medication for years or put up with a bloated feeling & not bother doing anything about resolving it.......apart from sit in front of the enormous TV or big computer & forget their ills!!!

Burp !!!, sorry.  just sitting in front of the computer again !!  instead of exercising  :-)) :-))

Once Mrs T bought it I realized how cheap it really is !! when you break it down to per days of a five or ten year life span.  and unlike my other toys I really do love using it regularly. 

I only drive a little Mazda 3, but spend lots on food - priorities are different.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 27, 2009, 07:58:51 am »
There is no hope for me then Thermomixer.  I love spending on food, drive a Nissan 4 wheel drive often towing a 18 foot caravan.  But then I won't need anymore kitchen gadgets for many years to come. A....N......D   DH now has 2 Model A cars and is looking at a 3rd.
My opinion is you only get 1 go at life, enjoy it.  I'm off to Singapore with DD on Monday to sample some more of their food. Bye bye waistline (if I ever had one).
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 27, 2009, 09:31:45 am »
Yesterday, day 1 with TMX, I cooked my own pizza dough for the first time ever - YUMMMMMMM.  It was the best!

Cooked and mashed kumara for the pizzas (we use this as a base rather than sauce)

Made Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free custard.

Today we made the yummy orange muffins (GF, dairy and egg free tweak) that are on this forum and I am about to experiment with making beef and mushroom vol-u-vents (OK - I bought the vol-u-vent shells!)
Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

Offline agpest

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 28, 2009, 12:32:45 am »
I made bron's gazpacho for lunch today. It was so good I probably make it again tomorrow. It is hot and muggy here, the monsoon is trying to get get started. The gazpacho hit the spot. Thank you!
From the desert,
Gayle

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2009, 10:00:40 am »
Steak sandwiches, on bread made in the thermomix.  Bread half milled wheat grain, half strong flour - rose like a champion and tastes magnificent (I couldn't wait until dinner).  Caramelised onions, oven roasted roma tomatoes.  Velvety chocolate butterscotch ice cream for dessert.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #944 on: June 28, 2009, 10:45:48 am »
today i made 2 cakes from the gluten free book, and prepared the ingredients for nasi goreng for dinner.
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog