Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7861519 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38325 on: January 23, 2020, 03:57:28 am »
lovely to here from you Mich hope all fin e with you .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38326 on: January 23, 2020, 05:08:42 am »
Gert, spoken like a true American.  I believe that only the poor people hang their washing out.
I must be very poor, because like Cookie, we have a clothes dryer but don’t use it.

Michel, we also have been wondering how you are going.  Fires near are not a nice thought. 
While we were in Melbourne there were fires north of Ballarat. Not a nice thought.
Must make arrangements for DD to collect Chooks if fire nearby and we are away. 

Judy, life at Chadstone is like being in another country.  It is so very different to Ballarat. The shopping center is amazing.  Especially so at the moment.  I bought 2 pairs of Perri Cutten slacks for 1/2 price.  When I went to pay,  they took another 30% off.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38327 on: January 23, 2020, 09:59:08 am »
I’m with the Aussie girls on clothes driers.  It’s all about saving money and drying our clothes naturally.  When I had the laundry done up recently, the one that Mum and Dad gave us for a wedding present (never used) came down and I gave it to a couple with young children - they really needed it as they seemed to have a lot of gastro go through the family.  My DDs on the other hand do not take after their Mother!

Nice to see you pop in again Michele, how’s life treating you these days?

Great buys Chookie and a fabulous getaway, I’m sure you’ll go back for more one day.

We’ve had 25 mm here over a few days, the garden really needed it as I haven’t had time to do much watering of late.

Denise, that’s a messy job cleaning filthy boots.  You’ll be glad to see the end of your winter.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38328 on: January 24, 2020, 03:55:24 am »
OMG, I am trying to pack for the Cruise, watch the tennis, ( love Nick), and readjust to Ballarat and the cold. 5 degrees this morning.
There are 3 dress up night on the Cruise.  RAL can’t find a white shirt that fits. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38329 on: January 24, 2020, 07:07:11 am »
Thanks Gert, I thought it would be humid. Keep cool, blow the electricity.
Your little holiday sounds lovely Chookie. Ral will have to have a jumper on and leave the buttons undone on his white shirts. ;D
What is the name of the ship you are going on? A friend has just arrived home from 12 days on either the Sea Princess or Sun Princess.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38330 on: January 24, 2020, 08:48:22 pm »
A dry grey day here today.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38331 on: January 25, 2020, 07:47:38 am »
Warm here today.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38332 on: January 25, 2020, 10:37:37 pm »
The weather has been lovely the last few days, warm days but not hot.  Going to have a couple of hot days later in the week though, but I can handle a couple  ;D

DD coming up today to stay the night then will take GS home in readiness of the new school year.  Will miss him dearly but it will be nice to get back to my normal.  There's a few jobs that I've been putting off that I'll have time to do.

My brother came around yesterday for a catch up.  Was telling me he's thinking of buying a new coffee machine in the next couple of months (about $4000! ) :o  We both have the same one at the moment (Rancilio) and I find it hard to imagine a machine making one any better than the one I can make on mine.  Will be so interested to try one when he gets it.  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38333 on: January 25, 2020, 10:52:01 pm »
The weather has been lovely the last few days, warm days but not hot.  Going to have a couple of hot days later in the week though, but I can handle a couple  ;D

DD coming up today to stay the night then will take GS home in readiness of the new school year.  Will miss him dearly but it will be nice to get back to my normal.  There's a few jobs that I've been putting off that I'll have time to do.

My brother came around yesterday for a catch up.  Was telling me he's thinking of buying a new coffee machine in the next couple of months (about $4000! ) :o  We both have the same one at the moment (Rancilio) and I find it hard to imagine a machine making one any better than the one I can make on mine.  Will be so interested to try one when he gets it.  ;D

Had to laugh at the coffee machine . I have had many over the years and regret the thousands I have spent. LOL! i finally settled on a JURA which makes the hottest coffee of all.  I think it was only $2000. I tell you that Chookie’s Ral has a pretty whizz bang coffee machine he has mastered but I still prefer, for me, anyway, an automatic self cleaning machine!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38334 on: January 25, 2020, 11:12:24 pm »
I know what you mean Gert they can be so costly, an expensive mistake if you don't get it right.   

Mine was only around the $1000 mark and I've had it for years.   Have had coffees from automated machines, but haven't had one from a Jura so I can't comment on that.  For me I prefer manually doing it, have got it down to a T.  Am also loving the beans I've been getting for the past few months (Brazillian dark roast) from an Adelaide roaster.  I've tried beans from all over Oz but these have been the best (for my taste) so far.  :D

My brother has done a lot of research on lots of machines and is thinking of going to an all-things-coffee convention which will be held in Melbz in May before he makes up his mind.  I guess there will be lots of machines he'll be able to sample the coffees from so hopefully he finds the right one for him.  :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38335 on: January 26, 2020, 01:04:15 am »
Oh yeah they are costly alright and the good beans too. Funky got the right blend for me here as we are lucky to grow coffee in the tablelands and have lots of roasters in Cairns. I have often thought about buying a small roaster but determined the noise was just too much to bear.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38336 on: January 26, 2020, 06:05:44 am »
Good on your brother JulieO. If he would like it and he can afford it, why not.

Gert I remember visiting coffee plantations last time we ere in Cairns. Quite a few years ago now.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38337 on: January 26, 2020, 09:35:42 am »
Oh yeah they are costly alright and the good beans too. Funky got the right blend for me here as we are lucky to grow coffee in the tablelands and have lots of roasters in Cairns. I have often thought about buying a small roaster but determined the noise was just too much to bear.

Gert

I think if I couldn't source good roasted beans then it would be something to look into, but I'm thankful that I'm happy with what I can get. I can understand how some want to buy green beans and roast them, it's a bit like how most of us like making things 'from scratch' in the TM.  I guess if you are interested enough in the process then it would be an attractive option.  :D

It would be so good to have roasters close by Gert, you are lucky there.  :)

I've had a nice day today, DD arrived safely and we've had a good time catching up.  I won't know what's hit me in the morning when they both leave and DH is on dayshift.  The house is going to feel very empty.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38338 on: January 27, 2020, 09:04:44 am »
Rather warm here today. It got to 39.2 I think.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38339 on: January 27, 2020, 05:42:33 pm »
Torrential rain here today. The ground workers left early because of the difficult working conditions.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.