Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6097599 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22335 on: December 24, 2018, 12:25:05 am »
Going out this afternoon to visit DIL for her birthday.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22336 on: December 24, 2018, 03:40:14 am »
Spent the morning moving vehicles to another paddock . Washing done , kids out harvesting with DH . Had a sleep - it hits me when left alone to orangise things Opps . Better get to it as all the quietness will be short lived .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22337 on: December 24, 2018, 09:06:48 am »
I’ve got Tomatoes and Zuchinni growing in large pots in the courtyard.  Need to water them twice a day during the hot weather. I’ve already picked several Zuchinni.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22338 on: December 24, 2018, 09:41:45 am »
Watered , collected 8 eggs , helped move harvesting equipment to another paddock . Collected DS from driving chaser bin ( 25 tonnes ) . Happy Christmas everyone .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22339 on: December 24, 2018, 07:53:43 pm »
KAtie,  your Chooks are laying well.   Nice to have fresh eggs.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22340 on: December 25, 2018, 12:13:22 am »
I was woken at 9 am this morning from my usual phone call from Geoff’s mate in America.  We chat for half an hour, a wonderful chap who cares so deeply for Geoff and makes it a priority to visit him whenever he comes home to visit his family every couple of years.  Now all ready to go off to the nursing home to join those staying in for lunch in a 3 course meal.  Will go down to DD’s place later in the afternoon, this has been my ritual for the past 5 years.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22341 on: December 25, 2018, 03:42:59 am »
We are at MIL’S nursing home waiting to visit her with her with her Christmas lunch.  She isn’t ready for visitors yest, but I guess she would be showered after people who are going out for lunch with family. Sadly we can’t move MIL anymore.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22342 on: December 25, 2018, 07:07:04 am »
I had a wonderful time and a great meal at our nursing home.  Could not fault the 3 course meal and I fitted in 2 desserts.  Down to DD’s place where they had not even had dessert at 4 pm so when they did I lined up at the dessert table too.  I don’t know where I’m putting it all but it’s Christmas so why not!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22343 on: December 25, 2018, 08:58:36 am »
Just doing some cooking prep before we go to our neighbours for a Christmas drink ( or two) DH walked Chance this morning.
Lovely photo of your Mum,Geoff and you enjoying the festivities Judy.
I hope your visit to your MIL went well Cookie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22344 on: December 25, 2018, 12:04:48 pm »
Big day DH came in at 1am this morning! We went to MILs for Christmas lunch , too much food but really nice . DS and his uncle did their ritual enormous  water pistol fights . Two very wet people . Home to pack for beach , DH out harvesting, a first on Christmas Day never do you do this . DS and I also managed to introduce the bantam to the chooks , its OK but a little pecking happening . She seems to be OK . Happy Christmas everyone hope your day was full of special times .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22345 on: December 25, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »
Cookie and Judy, glad all went well with your visits to the nursing homes. 
K Atie, sometimes the harvest just won’t wait. I can remember a time when farmers were frowned upon for harvesting on a Sunday.
Today I am picking Raspberries with the GC.  We will have them with pancakes for lunch.   

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22346 on: December 26, 2018, 02:16:53 am »
I remember the harvesting ban on Sundays too Chookie. Our shire used to have a ban on harvesting Christmas Day too. Dad used to fill all the trucks etc before he knocked off Christmas Eve.
The life of a farmer never stops K Atie.

We had some neighbours pop over this morning for coffee. Then we are off to brother's place, a 45 minute drive away.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22347 on: December 26, 2018, 10:40:01 am »
Think this year it was a first for a long time to harvest on Christmas Day . DH said the bunker , were the grain goes to is open till 2am tomorrow morning, then again open at 7am . This morning we couldn’t get trucks to cart it , think that changed this afternoon.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22348 on: December 26, 2018, 07:23:17 pm »
I have to go into work today to give a customer her instrument back.  She did not give us a pick up date or indicate any urgency when she dropped it off but we managed to get it ready before we closed for Xmas - we texted her to say it was ready for collection but she never came in. Next thing, we get an email saying she needed it before the end of the year so I have to go down to give it to her.  It is approx. 2 1/2 hours door to door, as I am going to catch the train and not drive and it is really annoying to think that there was time for her to arrange for someone else to pick it up before we closed for the Xmas break.  Ah well, at least by catching the train I do not need to stress over the drive through the Xmas sales traffic and all the hassles of road closures / repairs around the city.

On the bright side,we had a wonderful day with our visitors yesterday - my summer berry pudding went down a treat and seemed to have been the highlight of the day as they had never had it before!

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22349 on: December 26, 2018, 10:38:53 pm »
Marina,  that is so inconsiderate.  Very wise to take train to the city.
Our gas hot water heater is not working.   Fortunately we have an electric one attached to another bathroom.