Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4514817 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10620 on: November 24, 2013, 03:57:42 am »
Fair enough... Hadnt made them just everyone had been raving about the thermie tutorial... Gréât Pagé though ... :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: November 24, 2013, 09:12:52 am »
..I would hate make a meal with traces of "sweet pea" through out  :P

That's too funny Maddy

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: November 26, 2013, 03:22:17 am »
I'm not sure who was discussing this but I'm sure it was on this thread. Somebody was after an egg helta skelta thingaymyjiggo! Where you put the egg in the top and collect it down the bottom to keep them in date order. Well, I saw on FB that somebody uses the coffee pod one for the exact same purpose. I haven't tried it yet but will be buying one for that purpose. Just to let you know that Aldi are having one on special for $12.99 as of Saturday 30th November. Hope that helps somebody save a bit of money!  If you are buying for that reason though please have a look to see if it will work to hold eggs cause as I have said this is just an idea I've seen and can't account for it myself yet!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: November 26, 2013, 04:32:41 am »
Thanks Brumington !! I have the egg skelter (like your name for it better!! ;D ;D) but I know friends who'd like one. Will check this out...

This is the skelter for those missed it...

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:16:30 pm by goldfish »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: November 26, 2013, 04:36:58 am »
Fair enough... Hadnt made them just everyone had been raving about the thermie tutorial... Gréât Pagé though ... :)

it is a great page, so thanks for that Kim  :)

Good lucky Maddy, will be interesting to hear how you go with that one  :D

Well...it started with sales lady predictably saying "Well you must have caught the bracelet in something for it to fall off and break"....no, I replied, and let her know it happened within 15 mins of wearing it only twice, then took it off.  I then told her it was rubbish, and I told her I will have a refund & not an exchange....she mumbled away as was doing it, but all ended well  ;)
....so then I popped into matchbox and bought 2 zoku slushie cups on special

And will check out the slushie book when back in stock, and see if worth purchasing

Oh, and grabbed next years calendars before nothing is left
My usual retro mama for the kitchen

And "awkward family photos" one for the toot....they make me laugh!...some of the pics are just so wrong, but amusing  :P

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: November 26, 2013, 05:41:25 am »
Good news Maddy  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: November 26, 2013, 07:01:44 am »
Glad you won out there maddy even if she did put up a bit of a protest.  After that, what's a girl to do - go shopping of course  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

stacelee

« Reply #10627 on: November 26, 2013, 07:29:44 am »
I can sympathise Maddy.  I've had two run ins with Woolworths in the last two days.  I tried out their click & collect service yesterday and left swearing that I will never use it again.  It took twenty minutes to collect my groceries!  You had to park in a normal car park, go into the service desk...wait for other customers to be served their cigarettes, then present I.D, then wait while another staff member was called who then went to fetch the groceries, then present I.D again, then load the groceries into a shopping trolley and then finally  you get to take them out to the carpark.  I normally use the click & collect service through Coles and you just drive into their parcel pickup, ring a bell, they bring out the groceries and load them in the car for you...usually takes five minutes.

I then went to a normal Woolworths today because according to their app, if you bought three cartons of pepsi max it was $36 for the 3.  I was charged $18 each.  When I went to the service desk, the manager argued with me that I didn't know what I was talking about and it was a special just for the weekend.  Even when I showed him on THEIR app for that store that it was definately 3 for $36, he still argued the point and told me I was wrong but he would give me the discount!  Guess where I won't be shopping in future!

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: November 26, 2013, 08:37:18 am »
Yes, I don't like them either!
I have an Everyday Rewards card. They sent me an offer to spend $50 over 3 weeks & then receive a $15 gift card. Easy! The 1st week I spent $50 &  they sent an email saying I was on track to get the gift card. At the bottom of the email they advertised their affiliates - Big W, BWS & some others. I therefore thought I could spend my $50 at these places too. I spent $80 at Big W & waited for the email saying I was well on track. It didn't come. I went back & read the email & it stated that the money had to be spent at Woolworths!!! I rang & told them that their email was misleading but of course  they didn't care. So, no gift card for me. $15 a small price for a business to pay to keep a happy customer. Instead I give a bad rap to anyone who'll listen. I don't like their monopoly over everything anyway - love Foodland here in SA as they are always helpful to their customers & to smaller businesses.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: November 26, 2013, 11:23:20 am »
I'm always having grumps about the Woolworths and Coles near me. Especially the Woolworths. About 2 weeks ago DD was invited to be on a focus group for the store. I gave her a list of complaints and a couple of praises. The staff are very nice. She said most of those invited had complaints.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #10630 on: November 26, 2013, 06:09:53 pm »
It really seems to be driven by the management of whatever store it is.  There is a Woolworths local to me which is supposed to be one of their worst stores in the chain....their product is limited compared to the store I went to yesterday and their fruit and veg are pathetic but their staff are really lovely so I normally go there if I need to go to Woolies.  I'm really spoilt that I have access to heaps of groceries stores within five minutes of my home and work including three aldi's, four woolworths, two coles and two iga's but I hate grocery shopping and prefer either the quick duck in and grab or I order online!  The Woolworths that I went to yesterday has a really bad reputation for their staff and I don't normally go there but I had to do the banking in that centre so I took the easy way out....I won't be going again.

I'm currently trying to decide if I can justify getting a breville smart scoop ice cream machine.  I have enough flybuy reward points to get one but I already have a cuisinart frozen cylinder one.  I'm a bit frustrated as our upright freezer is currently out of commission due to a broken fan (waiting on parts :( ) and I'm operating on very limited freezer space and the ice cream bowls are sitting out of it.  With christmas coming up I've got the guilts and think I should be spending the points on something else. :(

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: November 26, 2013, 09:29:24 pm »
Stacelee,
I would get the machine especially as you have the points. I also have the cuisinart cylinder and would love one with a compressor. What volume does the breville make?  I am sure iliving in Qld you would use it lots.  Do it I say. A Christmas gift for you.
Denise

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: November 26, 2013, 10:47:15 pm »
Stacelee,

I did a bit of research on my Qantas FF points a little while back and I found it worked out better to use points to buy gift cards and then buy in a store.  I was basing my research on a Samsung Galaxy phone. To buy from FF store cost 144,500 points, to buy gift cards for Harvey Norman and go and buy the phone cost 34,900 points.  I was amazed ! Check if flybuys is the same ....... you might get a lot more for your points lol.

It really seems to be driven by the management of whatever store it is.  There is a Woolworths local to me which is supposed to be one of their worst stores in the chain....their product is limited compared to the store I went to yesterday and their fruit and veg are pathetic but their staff are really lovely so I normally go there if I need to go to Woolies.  I'm really spoilt that I have access to heaps of groceries stores within five minutes of my home and work including three aldi's, four woolworths, two coles and two iga's but I hate grocery shopping and prefer either the quick duck in and grab or I order online!  The Woolworths that I went to yesterday has a really bad reputation for their staff and I don't normally go there but I had to do the banking in that centre so I took the easy way out....I won't be going again.

I'm currently trying to decide if I can justify getting a breville smart scoop ice cream machine.  I have enough flybuy reward points to get one but I already have a cuisinart frozen cylinder one.  I'm a bit frustrated as our upright freezer is currently out of commission due to a broken fan (waiting on parts :( ) and I'm operating on very limited freezer space and the ice cream bowls are sitting out of it.  With christmas coming up I've got the guilts and think I should be spending the points on something else. :(

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: November 26, 2013, 11:30:49 pm »
Wow thats a massive difference.  Certainly worth the effort.
Denise

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: November 26, 2013, 11:59:36 pm »
That's interesting and thanks so much for passing on your research Deb
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand