Author Topic: Hi All :D  (Read 7350 times)

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
Hi All :D
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:37:37 pm »
I live in western Sydney, and just got my thermomix a couple of days ago. I love to cook - have never expected the thermie to be a magic kitchen machine that I would cook everything in, but since I already cook everything from scratch I knew I would use it. I have killed many blenders, food processors and mixers over the years (and I'm only 28, haha) as they just haven't been powerful enough for my needs. Many of my online friends have thermomixes (a few of which must be members here), and I have known about them for the past 6 years at least.

I have 3 kids - 16, 6 and 4, with another one on the way (I am only 7 weeks pregnant though, so very early days). 

So far I have made:

- Veggie stock concentrate at delivery demo
- risotto - This made so much. We had enough left overs to feed two more people.
- coconut icecream
- fruit salad sorbet
- coconut pineapple sorbet
- cashew, corriander, nutritional yeast, capsicum and lemon juice puree for 'cheesy' kale chips.
- green smoothie (which was very good! I've missed them since my glass blender died a few months ago)
- carrot and coriander soup from the EDC (too salty.. had to then make unsalted pumpkin puree to add to it)
- porridge
- scrambled eggs - too much effort to clean up. Will stick with the good ol' frypan for that one.

Today I am planning on making some chicken liver pate from the super kitchen machine blog.. I believe the recipe is from a forum member? And the beetroot salad that is done at demos.

I've already been lurking for a couple of weeks (since I ordered!) so am looking forward to contributing.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Hi All :D
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:52:37 pm »
Wow congratulations on your new TM and also your pregnancy. :)
You have done so much in a short time of having TM - and believe me, the addiction only gets worse.  :D
A huge welcome to forum thermomix!  :-*
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:05:34 am »
Well done on all your cooking PT!! Welcome to the forum ;D I hope your pregnancy goes well :-*

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:11:24 am »
What a great start!  

I'm finding a few things rather salty too - will definitely make the vege stock concentrate with less salt next time.  Perhaps it's more noticeable since you already make/made things from scratch - I find the sachet meal bases and bought sauces etc very salty, but I'm sure I used to think they were "normal".  

Congrats on your pregnancy too!  I'm sure you will find your thermomix a great timesaver to help with running around after 4 kids! (I find 2 hard enough  ;) )  
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 12:16:27 am »
Hi PT, welcome to the forum.  The Thermomix sounds as if it is just what you needed in your kitchen with all the cooking you do.  Great effort first up too.

Yes the chicken liver pate is by Gertbysea (Gretchen or Gert), one of our members.  I'm sure you will know a few people on here if you know them from another website.

I agree with you in regard to the scrambled eggs.  I can whip that up in my non-stick pay before the toast is even cooked ;D

Hope all goes well with the pregnancy, thanks for joining us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:27:42 am »
Hi PT, sounds like you are off to a good start with your TMX.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 03:24:23 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum, good luck with your pregnancy I live in SYdney too

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 03:48:52 am »
Hello PT and welcome. Looks like your off to a great start. :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 05:10:29 am »
welcome to the forum PT :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 06:18:45 am »
Welcome PT sounds like you will fit in with us real easy :D

mcmich

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 06:40:17 am »
Welcome to the forum. You've cooked up a storm already.

I'm sure it will be a big time saver with 3 children and 1 on the way.  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 08:39:30 am »
Hi PT . So thrilled you are making  my Chicken Liver Pâté. I used to make it all the time when I lived in Sydney but up here in the tropics it tends to melt due to the wonderful amount of butter in it. It also freezes very well. I have made a big party one in a quiche dish . I line it with plastic wrap and when it is set turn it out and decorate. Great r for A party. lt is also good in small pots are great if you line them as well you can turn them out or not bother lining them and leave in pots.

Good luck.

Gertbysea
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:09 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 10:19:21 am »
PT, surely you jest about your age - or did you really have DS at the age of 12  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 10:22:18 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum PT :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.