Author Topic: Yorkshire Pudding  (Read 18611 times)

Offline Hannah

• View Profile
Yorkshire Pudding
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:40:03 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Yorkshire Pudding

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
150 gms plain flour
400 gms milk
Salt & pepper
Lard or oil for baking tin

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 230C/450F
2. Put all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 12-15 seconds speed 6. The batter should be the consistency of single cream. If it is too thick add a little more milk and mix again for a few seconds.
3. Place tins with 1/2 to 1 tsp fat in each muffin cup into the hot oven until the fat is hot, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour batter quickly into the tins and cook individual puddings 15-20 minutes (30-40 minutes for one large pudding) until brown and well risen.
5. Serve immediately.

Recipe from: "Fast and Easy Cooking"

Tips/Hints:
I usually only start with 300 gms milk (I find that the majority of recipes I use involving flour & liquid tend to be on the soft side & turn out better with more flour or less liquid) & I use a fan-forced oven set at 210C.
Barb from Aldgate, South Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire Pudding
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 04:45:28 am »
Thanks Hannah (or is that Barb).  Since my English friend introduced me to these gorgeous little morsels back in the late 60's I have always loved them.  I lost the recipe book she gave me with it in so am always searching around my other books to find one (should have tried the internet hey?)  Much appreciated for the coming winter months to serve with our weber cooked roasts.  I know in England they serve roast beef and yorkshire pudding but I have them with any roast ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:57:02 am »
I like cooking the meat on a shelf above the pudding, so the juices drip into it.  The centre is like a pancake, and the edge is crisp and crunchy.  I have to say roast beef and yorkshire pud is my favourite meal ever.  I make it about once a year in Cairns when I pretend it's cold enough to make such a mean.  Nice recipe, thanks Hannah

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 08:13:31 am »
Thanks Hannah - great to have this recipe for the TMX - can't wait to try them out.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline HelenN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:59:43 am »
Thanks Hannah I will be trying these out tonight with our roast!  :)

Offline Ches

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 05:12:18 am »
Thanks Hannah, this has bought  back some great memories of when I was a girl, we had English neighbours and Alice (the cook of the house) taught my mum how to make Yorkshire Pudding.  I always loved it, but have never made it myself.  I am difinately going to give this one a try as it is (should I say) almost 50 yrs since I had it last.   I will let you know if it still tastes the way I remember. ???

Offline mboosh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 12:17:51 pm »
Ok I know it's been ages since this thread was started but have just joined so very keen! My husband is English and we are having roast beef for Easter Sunday. Decided to do Yorkshire puddings. Have never done them before, with or without a thermomix. Just made them and they look (and taste) fab!

Hooray!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 02:38:21 am »
I make them all the time with roast beef.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:10 am »
LOVE Yorkies, can anyone tell how many it made??

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 09:27:50 am »
GHM, I've made this recipe which made 12 large muffin tin puds and the leftovers froze beautifully.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline icor611

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 11:27:21 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Yorkshire Pudding

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
150 gms plain flour
400 gms milk
Salt & pepper
Lard or oil for baking tin

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 230C/450F
2. Put all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 12-15 seconds speed 6. The batter should be the consistency of single cream. If it is too thick add a little more milk and mix again for a few seconds.
3. Place tins with 1/2 to 1 tsp fat in each muffin cup into the hot oven until the fat is hot, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour batter quickly into the tins and cook individual puddings 15-20 minutes (30-40 minutes for one large pudding) until brown and well risen.
5. Serve immediately.

Recipe from: "Fast and Easy Cooking"

Tips/Hints:
I usually only start with 300 gms milk (I find that the majority of recipes I use involving flour & liquid tend to be on the soft side & turn out better with more flour or less liquid) & I use a fan-forced oven set at 210C.

We make something similar called "Dutch Babies". This sounds good and like them. No savory spices though and then jam, jelly, honey or syrup for breakfast.
YUM!