Author Topic: Suggestions for a nice meal for my grandparents.  (Read 12026 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for a nice meal for my grandparents.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 07:54:40 am »
Thanks Judy. If you ever saw me with my grandpa, you would see how much he means to me. He is the most important man in my world :)
I have so many lovely memories of staying with my grandparents. We used to feed the birds every morning, seed for the parrots and cheese for the magpies. Jam and marmalade were always homemeade, and grandpa even used to eat the jam that nana burnt because nothing ever goes to waste when grandpa is around :)
When I told grandpa that I scored 97% in my first music exam, he looked so happy he was almost crying and he said it was the best thing he'd heard in a long time. That is my favourite memory :)
And then there's all the times when we've just sat on the couch or out on the porch, and I hold his hand and it feels so tough and scarred, and I know how hard he's worked all his life.

I'm making myself cry, so I think I should stop there.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:47 am »
If it's any consolation Amy, you have reached an age where you will have wonderful memories of your Grandpa - I lost both mine when I was too young to remember much. Treasure the time you have left and try and spend as much time with both of them.  Be brave in front of Grandpa and make him even more proud of you than he already is.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 02:36:18 pm »
{{{HUGS}}}
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa Amy.You have some wonderful memories to treasure.A big hug from me as well :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 11:59:57 pm »
Thanks ladies :)
I suppose people aren't lying when they say that all good things must come to an end but it doesn't mean we lose the memories. And you're all right, I have some really lovely memories which I can keep with me forever even when grandpa's not here anymore.