Author Topic: Grinding Cinnamon  (Read 22816 times)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
Re: Grinding Cinnamon
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 01:24:07 am »
Maybe the suggestion of drying them out more first by popping them in the oven would work for you.

I made some of Maddy's Cheese and Bacon rolls yesterday morning (yummy btw) and put half a dozen cinnamon quills into the oven after I turned if off. Left them there till this morning and then milled them for 1 minute, speed 10. It worked really well - much better than previously where I had lots of bigger bits left.

Also, the Indian Cookbook says to grind your quills (at least 2 but no more than will cover the blade component) for 1 min, sp 10 and then to lay out and allow to dry out overnight. Then return to the bowl and mill again for 2 minutes, speed 10. I haven't tried this way yet but perhaps that will work for you?

Cheers,
Kerryn
Kerryn

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
Re: Grinding Cinnamon
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 08:28:35 am »
Hi all,

At a cooking class a couple of weeks ago this issue was raised & Janine suggested that a minimum of 4 quiills should be done at any one time to get good milling.

For really drying the bowl before grinding I dry it as thoroughly as I can then push turbo for about a second to flick any moisture hiding under the blades out & then dry with a (Thermomix bamboo) tea towel - as they are so absorbent.  If you really wanted to get it super dry you could try heating it on say 50 for around 2 mins to burn off any moisture in the bowl.  Then let it cool before milling (or turn the TM bowl upside down & rest it on top of one of your hydronic heating radiators for those of us who have them!!!).

Hope this helps!

BTW "Thermatic memory" as a technology is not an urban myth - only as applied to our blades apparently!