Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7864794 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #31425 on: October 19, 2016, 01:59:23 pm »
Hi friends.
Your river cruise sounded idyllic Judy.

Always lovely to see you posting again Katie.Good to know your Mum is okay after her fall.

I was having a great walk with Chance this morning until an incident happened.I've walked these roads and pathways for decades with never an incident,other than other dogs picking on Chance on occasions.This morning whilst walking on a very narrow local road ( it has passing bays for cars to pass each other) I heard a van roaring towards me.Within a split second I realized two things a,he wasn't going to slow down and b, there wasn't enough room for the van to pass me safely. We were toast if I didn't get me and Chance into a ditch ASAP. We got out of their way.I swore at the top of my voice, never realized I knew such words!!! He didn't slow down >:(  So if I ever see a the van with the registration DH16GYN you have to deal with a very angry woman ME!!!
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31426 on: October 19, 2016, 02:03:39 pm »
Oh Denise, thank goodness you had your wits about you or it could have been disastrous.  What a beastly person, best you stay off that particular track in future. Could you report him to police before he does some harm to someone?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31427 on: October 19, 2016, 04:06:22 pm »
Thanks Judy. Unfortunately that short bit of road is part of a regular walk of mine. I just need to be aware of these ******* idiots on the roads.The police won't do anything,it will be his word against mine :-\
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31428 on: October 19, 2016, 09:52:39 pm »
Gooood Morning everyone!!
@Katie, glad to hear your mum is okay, really nice to live so nearby and cater to emergencies, hope you enjoy rest of your break :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31429 on: October 19, 2016, 10:14:05 pm »
Morning all.
Katie , great to hear from you. Glad your mum is ok.
CC, that is frightening. What an idiot. Pleased you and Chance are ok.
Thermilover, nice to be able to spend some time together.
Yesterday our neighbour and her 2 boys,  from Cherokee brought over in a trailer, lots of pot plants. They loved Trudys Lemon Muffins.
Today will be warm and windy.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31430 on: October 19, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »
Good morning everyone, they're throwing in a hot one today - 30 degrees expected here before going back down to 14 with showers. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31431 on: October 20, 2016, 02:12:00 am »
Denise how very terrifying for you. I can imagine what your DH said. Could you mention it to the police, so that if he ever runs anyone down they will have your report of his driving?  It would shake you up quite a bit. Take care.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31432 on: October 20, 2016, 04:42:40 am »
Hello all, pretty hot here today. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #31433 on: October 20, 2016, 09:24:01 am »
Denise, I would definitely report the registration number and incident to police, they may already have him on their radar, or perhaps someone else has reported him. It may re-in force the fact to the police that he's a total ..........bleep.

Chookie, what a lovely thing for your old neighbours to do, restores one's faith in human kindness especially after CC's incident.

Nice to see you posting again Katie.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #31434 on: October 20, 2016, 12:27:05 pm »
Denise that's awful. I'm glad you and Chance are both ok.
I agree, you should report it to the police and give them the rego number. The guy probably has a terrible driving record and I'm sure they will believe you.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31435 on: October 20, 2016, 08:01:13 pm »
Thanks girls.
After an overcast start to the day the sun broke through to reveal sunshine.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31436 on: October 20, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »
Hi all, we are back after our three weeks away.  We had a wonderful time and were incredibly lucky with the weather ... no rain until we got off the plane back home in Melbourne. 

Loved Venice, an absolutely beautiful city, as you can imagine.  There is no vehicle traffic on San Marco so you can wander safely wherever you go.  The canals and lanes are great to explore, but it is full of mostly very expensive shops, although a lot of Murano glassware everywhere as well.  The first two days were mid week so nice and quiet, but the tourist influx hit on Friday and Saturday making it less enjoyable.  Managed to nag / persuade DH to take a gondola ride, which was fun and the most typically touristy thing we did whilst we were there.

Mantova was our next stop as DH had to go to his meeting and working day studying instruments made in Mantova over the past couple of hundred years – he had a great time, but it was very exhausting for him.  We also managed to get to Cremona for a day trip just to visit the new museum there.  Cremona is yet another beautiful Italian city.

We only had one night in Milano but managed to get to the great cathedral there – what a fantastic building.  Sadly, it was too late in the day to get inside, it must be stunning and I hope we will have more time next time we are in Italy to have a good wander around inside.

After that we had three short flights to the Isle of Lewis in Scotland’s Outer Hebrides and I got to spend a few precious hours with my 97 year old aunt.  She still lives at home by herself, has a sparkle in her eye and nothing wrong with her memory either, what a beautiful, wonderful lady.  Caught up with more of our family before we caught the ferry to Ullapool on the Scottish mainland.  The ferry crossing can be an absolute pig, but we lucked out and got a perfect postcard day and smooth sailing, we were very lucky.

After that, we managed three days with family and friends in Inverness before heading back home again.

I am now battling jet lag combined with hay fever and off to the dentist this morning … back to harsh reality!

I had hoped to spend a bit of time catching up on the forum, but somehow I think I will have to admit defeat and just pick up from today’s posts, keeping my fingers crossed that I haven’t missed anything important and that you are all healthy and happy.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31437 on: October 20, 2016, 10:04:53 pm »
Good Morning everyone!!! yayyy friday, counting down days now that I have just 3 more weeks to finish work :)

Welcome back Marina!!!!!! Your trip sounds lovely, I could actually picture it reading your description, please do share some photos if you can of Venice, it always sounds like a lovely romantic place :)
I can totally relate to the hayfever thing, it is one more thing which is annoying me day and night :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31438 on: October 20, 2016, 10:21:34 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Welcome home Marina, I really enjoyed reading about your trip and glad that everything went so well.

Thermilover you must be cutting it fine to leave work with the baby due around the same time?

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31439 on: October 20, 2016, 10:27:21 pm »
Thermilover you must be cutting it fine to leave work with the baby due around the same time?

No Judy, I am due second week of December and was planning to work until the last week of November, but now finishing 2 weeks earlier than I thought as I am not able to drag myself to work every day  :D