Author Topic: Varoma all in one meal - any sauce at all  (Read 8983 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Varoma all in one meal - any sauce at all
« on: October 09, 2010, 01:03:57 am »
I'm sure that this is blindingly obvious to everyone, but yesterday my brain just wouldn't go here.

Any decent stock / wine / cider / juice or whatever based cooking liquid can be turned into a sauce at the end by adding flour, or tipping it out and making a basic roux, then adding the liquid back through the lid, possibly adding a bit of cream / non dairy milk or whatever to ring the changes.

This means that any kind of meat / fish can be cooked with veggies in the varoma while pasta / potatoes / rice / quinoa are cooked in the basket, and the sauce is the cooking liquid which is thickened and possibly enriched at the end.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Varoma all in one meal - any sauce at all
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:42:02 am »
I think I did mention this when posting on Baf's original thread. You just need to vary the spices/herbs used on the chicken/fish to match the sauce.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:47:34 am »
...and sometimes you can read it over and over and yet the brain still won't go there when you want it to  :-)) :-)) :-))  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:53:08 am »
Funny, I saw CarolineW's post in baf65's chicken thread after seeing all her variations on a theme.  Yes, sometiimes we need somebody else to point out the obvious.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.