Author Topic: iPhone App for Thermomix Forum  (Read 19441 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile
iPhone App for Thermomix Forum
« on: June 17, 2010, 08:43:42 am »
Hello admin,

I just found this cool little free add-on for forums such as this one that let you browse, read and edit message boards on your iPhone with great ease using the iPhone app Forum Runner. Do you guys have this installed?

http://forumrunner.net/
"But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully." - 1 Peter 3:15

Offline ruth

• View Profile
Re: iPhone App for Thermomix Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 03:26:14 pm »
sounds fantastic.  It would save me having to boot up my computer when I just need to check a recipe quickly (as I don't print any out).

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:27:06 am »
Not having an iphone I won't comment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 12:59:56 pm »
I have an iphone but just log on as normal - it is my sanity when I am stuck out waiting.

Also use the blog reader to keep up with all my blogs as well. Time well spent sometimes  ;) ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 01:23:12 pm »
I have an iphone but just log on as normal - it is my sanity when I am stuck out waiting.

What ever happened to those times that we just sat and waited? I'm the same faffa. If I have to wait for anything I'm on the iphone....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Jad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 10:47:37 pm »
Yeh I use the blog reader on my iPhone as well. It works really nice. But to have all these fine recipes on this forum in like manner, in my fingertips so easily, that would be lovely!
"But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully." - 1 Peter 3:15

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:49 pm »
Jad you can access the forum through safari and log on just like you do on your pc and then just expand the screen to make it larger to read if you need to. For ages there, the only way I could get on the forum (time wise lol) was through my phone when sitting in Dr's surgrey's  :-))

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 12:49:15 am »
I don't have an iphone but I do have a HD2... and I'm another guilty of being on the net whilst waiting for appointments..  and considering I spend at least half my waking hours at appointments... it seems I'm around a lot!  :P :-[
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Jad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 05:01:25 am »
Jad you can access the forum through safari and log on just like you do on your pc and then just expand the screen to make it larger to read if you need to. For ages there, the only way I could get on the forum (time wise lol) was through my phone when sitting in Dr's surgrey's  :-))

Oh yes this is long realized faffa. The iPhone app I am talking about though loads faster, uses less data as it doesn't have to reload the browser window again like safari does, and it is so much more user friendly than expanding the screen and all that, as cool fun as that is.

Check out the app for yourself. You can install the free version to get an idea of what it's like. Search in the app store for Forum Runner.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 08:45:21 am »
Sounds great Jad, we are about to get in the car and drive for an hour to my Mum's so guess what my time will be spent doing lol - checking out this app to start with  ;) ;)

Offline Jad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 01:30:21 pm »
Enjoy!

Offline lstrelau

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 08:19:28 pm »
Hi, I downloaded the Forum Runner app for my iPhone but I don't see how to connect to this Forum - a Search using the word Thermo doesn't find the forum - can you tell me what I am missing please?

Regards,

Llyn

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 10:51:46 am »
I use the tap-a-talk app for another forum I'm on.  Doesn't show pics unless you want and as per this one... loads faster.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34:18 am »
Hi, I downloaded the Forum Runner app for my iPhone but I don't see how to connect to this Forum - a Search using the word Thermo doesn't find the forum - can you tell me what I am missing please?

Regards,

Llyn

Hi Llyn, Don't think our forum is iphone app friendly at the moment  ???
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 07:50:57 am »
I would love to log in to the forum on the iphone too.  just logging in through safari on the iphone is really painful!